Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarah and I were talking about Last Boy Scout like two weeks ago. She said it sounded horrible, so I explained the opening scene and now she's down to watch it.

Comment

• We had fun with it
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        Minus one early 90s homophobic line, The Last Boy Scout still totally holds up. Forgot how much I miss Taylor Negron.

Lesley kind of loved it. She didn't want to watch it at first but after that opener with the football player pulling the gun, she was all in.

I miss this Bruce Willis.
        What's a little boy like you doing with big boy smut like this?
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          Minus one early 90s homophobic line, The Last Boy Scout still totally holds up. Forgot how much I miss Taylor Negron.

Lesley kind of loved it. She didn't want to watch it at first but after that opener with the football player pulling the gun, she was all in.

I miss this Bruce Willis.
          The drunker the character, the more he cared.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Pet Semetary (2019) - Meh. Not worth wasting your time with. Pretty much a carbon copy remake in which O.G. Miko Hughes at 2 years old OUT ACTED the 9 year old Ellie that takes his place in this one.

Not enough Wendigo. Terrible ending. Alt ending was a bit better but still not great. Never liked the original that much (sequel always worked better for me #CLANCYBROWNandEDDIEFURLONG4LYFE but this was basically just the original with nothing added.

Totally bummed.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Watched a couple films on the airplane to/from California:

1. THE UPSIDE: pretty good. Kevin Hart is solid in terms of acting and Bryan Cranston dials back his usual schtick. I had sour expectations for this but ended up enjoying it quite a bit.

2. ROBIN HOOD: pretty ok. A good time waster. It's not essential viewing or anything but it makes for a diverting lark. Taron Egerton is really quite good here, better than expected.
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Shazam was awesome and a ton of fun. That last act was glorious.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Vampires.

Still a lot of fun seeing James Woods pre-troll shittalk the undead while Danny Baldwin tries to suck his gut in between takes.

Wish Sheryl Lee had been in more things, as she's always been a fine actress.

Added bonuses go to the murderer's row of nineties stuntmen that make up the majority of the slayer posse.

I still have no idea how they landed Maximillian Schell for this, but the gravitas was appreciated.

The score is just as perfect as I remember. It's the musical equivalent of walking into a dive bar in the dog days of summer to start day-drinking.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Man you make want to check this out again. I remember liking the beginning and then checking out but I haven't seen it since it hit DVD years ago

Comment

• It's a fun time at the movies.

Carpenter's last swinging dick effort, to be sure.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Sarah is a Twin Peaks obsessive, but hasn't seen many Lynch films so we have been working on them. Watched Blue Velvet this weekend, and she loved it. I expected she would since it's the Twin Peaks template and has such similar aesthetic. She was obsessed with Hopper, which who isn't? She was also obsessed with Dern's outfits.

I think next is going to be Mulholland Drive.

Comment

• Vampires is all kinds of awesome, and I will hear nothing to the contrary.
                          Originally posted by Ari
                          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• VAMPIRES has a great opening act, and James Woods is great fun when he's allowed to just ad-lib and run with it. It just never comes together as a cohesive whole for me, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                              Sarah is a Twin Peaks obsessive, but hasn't seen many Lynch films so we have been working on them. Watched Blue Velvet this weekend, and she loved it. I expected she would since it's the Twin Peaks template and has such similar aesthetic. She was obsessed with Hopper, which who isn't? She was also obsessed with Dern's outfits.

I think next is going to be Mulholland Drive.

If that girl gets Eraserhead, wife the fuck out of her.
                              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Somehow one of the only Lynch films she's seen, and she loves it.

Comment

Working...
                                X