Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ralph Breaks The Internet. It was weird. Very different than the original. Kiddo got scared & saddened by the ending. Not sure what I think.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
      Ralph Breaks The Internet. It was weird. Very different than the original. Kiddo got scared & saddened by the ending. Not sure what I think.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It's barely a sequel. The further I get away from it, it's barely a movie.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Watched some movies on the plane the past few days.

JUSTICE LEAGUE- trash. And it seemed like 90% of Cavill’s scenes were from the moustachioed reshoots? How fucked up was the production of this movie?

GAME NIGHT- Waaay better than I expected. Plenty if laughs, Meth Damon continuing his perpetually creepy streak, and Rachel McAdams being so fine.

90% of THE PREDATOR- The last leg of my flight didn't have the updated movie list so I didn't get to see the last 10 minutes. But the 90% I saw was 100% shit. What a bummer and a waste.

I also saw about half of TAG and that was another "way better than I expected" entry. I'm definitely going to check the rest of it out.

Comment

• The Ballard of Buster Scruggs.

I love peak Coens as much as the next film dweeb (Although the cult of The Big Lebowski is something I will never get...) But the fact is they are way more Hit or Miss since the 2000's than our community will ever acknowledge. Stuff like A Serious Man and Hail Caesar! got praised to the high Heavens and I'm left scratching my head.

That said, this is without question one of their best. Not a single clunker among the short-films. They all work.

And if Netflix would put forth some effort (Just the pocket money of all that cash they're using to get Roma the Best Picture Oscar), Tim Blake Nelson could legit win for Best Supporting Actor. He steals the whole Goddamn film with his opening 15 minute segment.
          Originally posted by Ari
          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
            The Ballard of Buster Scruggs.

I love peak Coens as much as the next film dweeb (Although the cult of The Big Lebowski is something I will never get...) But the fact is they are way more Hit or Miss since the 2000's than our community will ever acknowledge. Stuff like A Serious Man and Hail Caesar! got praised to the high Heavens and I'm left scratching my head.

That said, this is without question one of their best. Not a single clunker among the short-films. They all work.

And if Netflix would put forth some effort (Just the pocket money of all that cash they're using to get Roma the Best Picture Oscar), Tim Blake Nelson could legit win for Best Supporting Actor. He steals the whole Goddamn film with his opening 15 minute segment.

I have a small novel written about this film after my 31 views. After talking to some Netflix people, there has been a lot of bullshit slung about this one and learning a few things changed my view for the better.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Such as?
              Originally posted by Ari
              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Searching. Even with Lesley and I figuring this out in the first 20 mins this was an incredibly well done movie. The editing was on fucking point and John Cho was great in it. Seriously kind of loved this.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                  Such as?

It was never ever ever meant to be a TV series, but a short story anthology film.

They thought they were going to get in trouble with FOX for all the Big Trail lifts.

Almost half of the film is adaptations of short stories from turn of the century publications.

Willie Watson was brought in as The Kid to dub his singing voice over Franco. Franco can't sing, but Watson can act. So, Franco moved to second story and Willie Watson was in the end of Story 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                    Searching. Even with Lesley and I figuring this out in the first 20 mins this was an incredibly well done movie. The editing was on fucking point and John Cho was great in it. Seriously kind of loved this.

That entire film reminded me of a serious take on Bart Simpson getting stuck in a well.

Comment

• We didn't even finish the last story in Scruggs. We enjoyed it, but we both wanted to pass out and we have felt no compulsion to finish it. And we both fucking adore the Coens.

Comment

• A lighting clinic this weekend with The Duelists, Once Upon a Time in America, Barry Lyndon and Days of Heaven.

There is something lost in translation with how things were made in the time before digital photography. The obsessive quality of the filmmakers of yesteryear, their interests, and that of the public are of course something that has also changed, but the look, variety and quality of image and composition on display is buried in past technologies.

I wish the sea change had not been so swift sometimes.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                          That entire film reminded me of a serious take on Bart Simpson getting stuck in a well.
                          It wasnt high art but it was really well edited in my opinion. Plus the hidden alien invasion stuff in the background was a fun Easter egg.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                            A lighting clinic this weekend with The Duelists, Once Upon a Time in America, Barry Lyndon and Days of Heaven.

There is something lost in translation with how things were made in the time before digital photography. The obsessive quality of the filmmakers of yesteryear, their interests, and that of the public are of course something that has also changed, but the look, variety and quality of image and composition on display is buried in past technologies.

I wish the sea change had not been so swift sometimes.
                            The timing to get that final shot in THE DUELLISTS...knowing that that was for real and not a special effect is simply astounding.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• It was an incredibly well crafted piece and compositionally some of his strongest work. On location filmmaking at its finest.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                                It was an incredibly well crafted piece and compositionally some of his strongest work. On location filmmaking at its finest.
                                There are times where I think that it may be Ridley's best film. Honestly, it's only some dodgy acting from Keitel that doesn't really work.
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X