Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring on the sequel to INTO THE SPIDERVERSE for me. That's probably my favorite movie of 2018.

My wife personally wants a Spider Gwen movie in the worst way. She absolutely fell in love with that character.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    Originally posted by Martin
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I could go for a Spiderverse sequel so long as they don't fuck with the formula too much. I'm just afraid we'll get another Lego Movie 2...
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Yeah, I want to see this same team make Spider-Gwen.

Comment

• I want Spider-Ham. Nothing but Spider-Ham going forward.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Also, I mentioned it above in regards to the end credit stinger, but holy shit it's still so goddamn funny they referenced the meme...

Spoiler: spoilers 
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX54qzNSmsY

Comment

• Also had no idea that was Oscar Issac at the end. neat.

Comment

• Death Wish (Bruce Willis style) - standard action flick with a few bits of nice gore fx. Wasn't the piece of shit the reviews made it out to be but didn't really bring anything to the table in regards to the original. Total second screen material. Willis seemed like he sort of cared, Dean Norris was in it (about all I can say about his character), and over all nothing worse than any other revenge flick out there.

The politics thrown at it when it came out I can sort of understand I guess, but again, it's a fucking remake of a 80s' Bronson flick by the dude that did Cabin Fever. Get outraged by something else.

Comment

• I've come to realize I just don't like Eli Roth.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I dunno, I think he just needs the right material. The House with the Clock in its Walls was pretty entertaining and completely different than the shit he usually does.

I will always love the original Cabin Fever if only for this stupid scene. hahah.

Comment

• Plus it allows me to yell GET IN THE SHED at Lesley when she's sick.

I just think all of the hyperbole that surrounded him during the release of Fever fucked him up and gave him WAYYYYYYY too big of a head.

Comment

• The head explosion with the guy who gets the car dropped on him (spoilers, I guess. Does anyone care?) was something else. I think the marketing of this movie really fucked up by highlighting the hoodie. It's not really noted or fetishised in the actual movie. Overall I thought it was pretty good.

Although a snake bite from tearing your hand up on the slide of a Glock does NOT get that gruesome. I thought he had been hit by a ricochet.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                          The head explosion with the guy who gets the car dropped on him (spoilers, I guess. Does anyone care?) was something else. I think the marketing of this movie really fucked up by highlighting the hoodie. It's not really noted or fetishised in the actual movie. Overall I thought it was pretty good.

Although a snake bite from tearing your hand up on the slide of a Glock does NOT get that gruesome. I thought he had been hit by a ricochet.
                          Yeah, I mean he wears a hoodie and they mention the suspect wears a hoodie, but that's it.

That scene with the car was fucked up even before the car got dropped on him. When he fucking cuts open and pours that brake fluid into his sciatic nerve? fuuuuuck that noise.

Comment

• Kin.

This basically came and went quickly from theaters and the reviews weren't great BUT I really liked this.

It's like the 80's kid adventure flicks I grew up on for the most part.

Jist: outcast kid in Detroit finds some dead bodies (who may or not be human) and a ridiculous laser rifle while he's out scavenging for copper. His adopted dad (Dennis Quaid) is doing his best raising him alone while his older brother comes home from jail after 6 years. Older bro owes 60k to a skeezy James Franco and his gang for protecting him jail all of those years. Shit goes sideways and older bro/younger kid w/ gun go on a "road trip" as the kid just thinks they are having fun while not realizing older bro is running from a crazy Franco and his gang.

They meet up with Zoe Kravitz as a stripper with a heart of gold, have some fun, and end up in some compromising situations while being hunted by 2 things hellbent on getting that gun back.

Nothing earth-shattering, totally set up for a sequel we'll never get, but I dug the hell outta it.

Plus dug the cameo near the end. That was fun.

Comment

• DESTROYER- this was great. Kidman was surprisingly good as a bad(?) cop with a vendetta. I feel like saying anything more than that would be a spoiler. Moody like The Invitation but overall more compelling.

Comment

• I really want to see that. Kidman looked awesome in the trailers.

Comment

Working...
                                X