Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELLRAISER 2 is the best of the lot in my opinion.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• First is the only unreservedly good one, IMO. Second is. . . interesting. But I hesitate to call it good. Billy's right, it is just batshit insane. It has no narrative flow. I suspect some footage ended up on the cutting room floor that might have made this make sense. How this cut got the greenlight is anybody's guess.
      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• The only one I saw back in the day was whichever one has the CD player guy. I appreciate that the first movie is so crazy. The Cenobite designs are really, really good. I'm just not sure if I liked it. At the very least I want to check out the second movie now. I can't believe this spawned so many sequels!

Comment

• CD Player Cenobite was in Hellraiser III: Hell On Earth, probably the last Hellraiser film I really enjoyed (can't quite compare to the first two, however). I liked Hellraiser: Bloodline, but after that the franchise dropped off the face of the Earth for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
            How this cut got the greenlight is anybody's guess.
            Cocaine.

Comment

• HELLRAISER III is...ok. My main issue is that it's a severe aesthetic change from what the first two movies brought to the table. Also, the acting...which was never particularly strong in any of the films...was particularly poor in H3.
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Cd face is the best.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Was it BLOODLINE that had the Cenobite that involved two people merged together? THAT was cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    HELLRAISER III is...ok. My main issue is that it's a severe aesthetic change from what the first two movies brought to the table. Also, the acting...which was never particularly strong in any of the films...was particularly poor in H3.
                    For sure. It's the same thing that happens with all slasher flicks. Even worse is that they turned pinhead into a Freddy/Jason/Michael Myers type which was cool as a kid but silly in the world that Clive started with the original.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• SUICIDE SQUAD- remember when the trailers had us (ok, me) convinced that this could be fun? Yeah, the trailers were wrong. I fell asleep at the end and missed how they defeated Enchantress and don't care enough who back and find out. And how did Viola Davis survive? Who cares?! I did like Robbie, though.

X-MEN APOCALYPSE - MMMMEEEHHHHHHHHHHH. FIRST CLASS remains the best X-movie.

Comment

• SS is fucking TERRIBLE. Having the Enchantress as the big bad was the biggest mistake. Should have just been the Joker even though I fucking HATE Leto's take.

APOCALYPSE was just fucking borrrrring
                        I prefer DoFP Rogue cut out of all of the new ones.

Comment

Was it BLOODLINE that had the Cenobite that involved two people merged together? THAT was cool.
                          Hole in one - they had some pretty cool Cenobite designs in that one.

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                          For sure. It's the same thing that happens with all slasher flicks. Even worse is that they turned pinhead into a Freddy/Jason/Michael Myers type which was cool as a kid but silly in the world that Clive started with the original.
                          What you and Matt said. There's a definite tonal shift and Pinhead shifts into Freddy Kruger mode. I still liked it, though, but the first two films are still superior.

Comment

• HELL OR HIGH WATER.

This is fucking GREAT. This is a contender for my favorite film of 2016. WOW.

Pine, Foster, and even Bridges will look back on this film in years to come and go 'yep.'

Comment

• DREAMCATCHER- I watched this again because I remember thinking it was pretty good even though everyone else seemed to hate it. I remembered wrong. While I like a lot of the people in it, it's not very good and the ending is stupid.

Comment

HELL OR HIGH WATER.

This is fucking GREAT. This is a contender for my favorite film of 2016. WOW.

Pine, Foster, and even Bridges will look back on this film in years to come and go 'yep.'
                                Pretty much that.

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                                DREAMCATCHER- I watched this again because I remember thinking it was pretty good even though everyone else seemed to hate it. I remembered wrong. While I like a lot of the people in it, it's not very good and the ending is stupid.
                                I DUDDITS EAT POOPS!!!!!!!
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X