Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade. Fucking LOVED this. Yeah the trailer spoiled some shit, but not everything. The gore in this was ridiculous when it happened. It's a nice slow burn which really works to its advantage. LOVED this world and LOVED the ending.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      The last jedi. I swear this movie gets better everytime I watch butttt that space Leia scene still sucks. I get what they were attempting but it doesn't work
      YA HIGH SON YA HIGH
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• HARDCORE HENRY- It's fucking awful. Maybe it would work as a 10-minute short film. It does not work as a 90-minute feature. A nonsense story stretched out by a few decent stunts and a whole lot of unintelligible nonsense. Like, I truly couldn't understand what was happening because it's all shaky cam to an infinite degree. Watch the trailer and call it a day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
          YA HIGH SON YA HIGH
          Am I high because I like the movie OR because I still hate Space Leia?
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• It’s just such an inconsequential mess I don’t see how somebody would want to watch it more than once without skipping vast chunks to get to well shot vignettes, Star Wars or not.

I hope one day to have an honest discussion about why it fails as both a continuation of the series as well as a continuation of the film preceding it and how it needed at least more than a few passes at revisions to work out a lot of the kinks.

I’m not going to say it graped my childhood in the mouth or anything, but will say it was a chore to watch the first time. I can’t imagine willingly subjecting myself to it again. Space Leia was hilarious by the way.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
              HARDCORE HENRY- It's fucking awful. Maybe it would work as a 10-minute short film. It does not work as a 90-minute feature. A nonsense story stretched out by a few decent stunts and a whole lot of unintelligible nonsense. Like, I truly couldn't understand what was happening because it's all shaky cam to an infinite degree. Watch the trailer and call it a day.
              10 minutes is about all we could stand. TO MUCH SHAKY
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

It’s just such an inconsequential mess I don’t see how somebody would want to watch it more than once without skipping vast chunks to get to well shot vignettes, Star Wars or not.

I hope one day to have an honest discussion about why it fails as both a continuation of the series as well as a continuation of the film preceding it and how it needed at least more than a few passes at revisions to work out a lot of the kinks.

I’m not going to say it graped my childhood in the mouth or anything, but will say it was a chore to watch the first time. I can’t imagine willingly subjecting myself to it again. Space Leia was hilarious by the way.
                I have zero interest in watching it ever again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                  Upgrade. Fucking LOVED this. Yeah the trailer spoiled some shit, but not everything. The gore in this was ridiculous when it happened. It's a nice slow burn which really works to its advantage. LOVED this world and LOVED the ending.
                  watched this again last night. Fuck it's good.

Comment

• I'm still mad about Hardcore Henry. But I watched ZODIAC again last night and that helped. Top three Fincher for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                      I have zero interest in watching it ever again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                      Seconded. I didn't like it, and moved on. Honest to God truth is I've had no desire to rewatch any of the Disney-era Star Wars films past a single viewing. Despite the fact I happened to quite like The Force Awakens, hated Rogue One (I would go as far to call it the worst entry in the entire franchise) and just never bothered with Solo.

The snobbery was strong in many on Social Media in The Last Jedi's favor. A good chuck because, yes, they were BFFs with Johnson. Nothing wrong with liking, if not loving it. But stop it with the "I just didn't get it" bullshit. It was a half-ass Empire retread that wanted to have its cake and eat it too. At least Abrams was upfront about playing the nostalgia on his go around.
                      Originally posted by Ari
                      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

It’s just such an inconsequential mess I don’t see how somebody would want to watch it more than once without skipping vast chunks to get to well shot vignettes, Star Wars or not.

None of these opinions/points are wrong in the slightest but for whatever reason, the Kylo/Rey stuff makes this movie work for me completely. Everything with those two is fantastic. Finn was wasted, Rose is worthless as presented in the movie, and Poe is underused. I also appreciated more of the effects stuff and set pieces this last go around. I totally see the faults and some of the choices made were not the best avenue to pursue. I just hope J.J. doesn't completely invalidate number 8.

Comment

• and yes I know that people think Rian invalidated part 7 but I don't see that it in that way.

Comment

• Checked out Action Point this weekend. The story is inconsequential to a movie like this but it served it's purpose. The stunts and shit were pretty great though. Goddamn does Knoxville get fucked up in this flick. Also always nice to see Johnny Pemberton in anything. I was more entertained than Bad Grandpa but it just really made me want to see a 4th Jackass flick.

A rental or free watch if you're a fan of Jackass, otherwise don't bother.

Comment

• PASSENGERS

God help me, I thought this was kinda great. I knew about the big twist and was expecting to hate the film for it, but I thought that it was honestly played pretty great and Pratt and Lawrence handled her learning the truth in a fairly honest way.

Also, space looked really, really cool in this movie. The production design was also first rate.

It's not a classic or anything, but it exceeded my expectations by a country mile.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Dug that movie but felt that it could have been pushed a bit further or the twist saved for later.

Comment

Working...
                                X