Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• watched THE HITMAN'S BODYGUARD last night. It was ok, I guess. I was expecting more comedy from it, to be honest. I also wasn't expecting it to be as action packed/violent as it ended up being. It felt like they blew up half of Europe when making this thing, which was kinda shocking.

Anyways, it was ok to watch once. No great shakes. There's a really good action sequence along the canals of Amsterdam that would have fit in nicely with a Bond film, though.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• iTunes fucked up and had Ready Player One available like 3 weeks before it was supposed to hit so I grabbed it.

I was that asshole that thought the book was okay and wasn't nerd aids like everyone else. Overall I thought it was a fun flick. They strayed from the book a bunch but it mostly worked. The action scenes were fucking crazy good though. Spielberg knows how to shoot shit obviously.

After seeing Ben Mendohlhoasodhfne's character in the Oasis all I could think about is how much I want DC to screw live action and make a Superman movie that looks like that.

The main guy is terrible though. I don't know why people keep hiring him. He was also terrible as Cyclops.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Also, if this movie came out when I was 15 I would own ALL of the merch and my hair would have been blue and white instead of red and black.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Totally loved RPO. Glad you dug it, Rerb.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• I'll definitely need to give it another re-watch as Lesley was super annoyed at how different it was from the book and kept bringing that up.

That opening race was fucking dope BUT Speed Racer still wins in pure visual insanity.

Comment

• ah, dammit Rob. You had to bring up SPEED RACER. We were doing so well.

Comment

• Forecast called for rain all day yesterday so we caught up on some shows and movies.

The Burbs - Sarah's never seen it. Soon as I got to "suburban cultist neighbors and Carrie Fisher" she was in. It had probably been 15 years since the last time I watched it, but so many lines came rushing back to me. I forgot how good everyone is in this. Hanks is hilarious, Bruce Dern is great of course, Feldman is such a weirdo. Joe Dante is the best.

3:10 To Yuma - Watched the remake. Probably haven't watched it in probably 5 years. Still holds up. Still has an INCREDIBLE Ben Foster performance. Every movement he makes is the coolest thing he's ever done, until the next one. So many weird casting choices too. Fonda, Tudyk, Wilson. They all work though. We thought the son was the kid from 13 Reasons Why, so I looked them up. Turns out the kid was Percy Jackson (woof) and the 13 Reasons Why kid is just his clone.

Comment

• 3:10 TO YUMA (remake) is one of my favorite westerns. It's just fantastic from beginning to end and features one of my favorite Crowe performances. Perfect casting, solid direction, and great action. Add in a very subtle sense of humor and you have a very fun and entertaining movie.

Comment

• Watching Justice League. Cavill’s mustache coverup in the first scene was bad and it was on a camera phone. I can only imagine how bad it looks later.
                    Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• hahaha, keep going. That really was the most jarring but it happens again throughout the movie. IT's the best indicator of what isn't Snyder's footage.

Comment

• I watched JL again the other day. it actually improved a bit although I still don't care for The Flash or Zakk Wylde/Aquaman. But dammit, Superman is so damned good in the third act that I really, really want another MOS movie in a big way.

Comment

• Awws. I still love everything with The Flash

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            3:10 TO YUMA (remake) is one of my favorite westerns. It's just fantastic from beginning to end and features one of my favorite Crowe performances. Perfect casting, solid direction, and great action. Add in a very subtle sense of humor and you have a very fun and entertaining movie.
                            This, Tombstone, and Open Range are probably my three favorite westerns of the modern era.
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                              iTunes fucked up and had Ready Player One available like 3 weeks before it was supposed to hit so I grabbed it.

I was that asshole that thought the book was okay and wasn't nerd aids like everyone else. Overall I thought it was a fun flick. They strayed from the book a bunch but it mostly worked. The action scenes were fucking crazy good though. Spielberg knows how to shoot shit obviously.

After seeing Ben Mendohlhoasodhfne's character in the Oasis all I could think about is how much I want DC to screw live action and make a Superman movie that looks like that.

The main guy is terrible though. I don't know why people keep hiring him. He was also terrible as Cyclops.
                              Dude, the book is AT BEST okay. It's a bad fucking book. the movie elevates itself above the nostalgia shit pile it is.

Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                              This, Tombstone, and Open Range are probably my three favorite westerns of the modern era.
                              That's my list as well. Open Range is still the biggest surprise I've seen.
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• The movie doesn't elevate itself above anything. Don't kid yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X