Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King Arthur is a disaster to behold. At times it is literally incomprehensible. Who edited this shit? What a horrible grey and yellow ground zero of CGIcaust. Even more infuriating to see the Ritchie florishes being hidden in this shit sandwich. And what a cast! I dearly hope they can enjoy their beach houses.

Comment

• I've had KING ARTHUR in my dvr for a while and ended up catching about 15 minutes of it the other night when it was playing for the umpteenth time. It's a completely unwatchable mess, edited to hell and back with barely any cohesion between scenes. I'm probably gonna delete it rather than actually watch it.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      Originally posted by Martin
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Hahaha that movie made my face fucking melt from the wasteland fumes emanating from it.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
          Oh, Martin? I finally say 8 DIAGRAM POLE FIGHTER. That was pretty great. Not my favorite but definitely a good one. The final fight with Gordon Liu is awesome.
          Yay!

Not the best, but it's a classic. That fight is awesome.

Originally posted by Jan View Post
          King Arthur is a disaster to behold. At times it is literally incomprehensible. Who edited this shit? What a horrible grey and yellow ground zero of CGIcaust. Even more infuriating to see the Ritchie florishes being hidden in this shit sandwich. And what a cast! I dearly hope they can enjoy their beach houses.
          The Guy Ritchie one?

Folding laundry was more interesting.
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Late to the Party OR I should have listened to grave: The Guest

Fuck man. This movie is fucking great. Dan Stevens is amazing (I mean, duh, he's kiilling it in Legion right now, but fuck), the soundtrack is basically my entire playlist without me even knowing it, the throwbacks to the 80s without being completely in your face is amazing (certain shots, music, the goddamn Carpenter font) and that ending was perfect. I just didn't like the main girl because she's terrible. Both in this AND in It Follows. Just don't like her...

Totally dug it. Couldn't find it streaming anywhere so I blind bought it on iTunes. Totally worth it.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• #OneOfUs Finally.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan View Post
                King Arthur is a disaster to behold. At times it is literally incomprehensible. Who edited this shit? What a horrible grey and yellow ground zero of CGIcaust. Even more infuriating to see the Ritchie florishes being hidden in this shit sandwich. And what a cast! I dearly hope they can enjoy their beach houses.
                Originally posted by Matt View Post
                I've had KING ARTHUR in my dvr for a while and ended up catching about 15 minutes of it the other night when it was playing for the umpteenth time. It's a completely unwatchable mess, edited to hell and back with barely any cohesion between scenes. I'm probably gonna delete it rather than actually watch it.
                If you're just hungering for straight-up Arthurian lore, then Excalibur, Monty Python and the Holy Grail and The Sword in the Stone will fill that appetite.
                Originally posted by Ari
                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• ALIEN 3- been going through the Quadrilogy again while doing exercises. Man, this movie is way better than most people give it credit for. I think it's a good mix of genres from the first two movies. I watched the director's cut and am trying to remember- did the queen burst out as Ripley fell in the theatrical cut? I distinctly remember seeing that at some point. Or is this another instance of the Berenstein Rift?

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                    ALIEN 3- been going through the Quadrilogy again while doing exercises. Man, this movie is way better than most people give it credit for. I think it's a good mix of genres from the first two movies. I watched the director's cut and am trying to remember- did the queen burst out as Ripley fell in the theatrical cut? I distinctly remember seeing that at some point. Or is this another instance of the Berenstein Rift?
                    Yes, the queen burst out in the theatrical cut. I have a huge soft spot for this movie.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Roc was pretty good in it. As was Benedict. I too appreciate that film. Even with the extremely poor digital Alien, it has a distinctiveness that is a common trait shared between the three that we have yet to be reacquainted with.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I just can't get behind the decisions made on Alien 3. Though I admire the balls it took to go through with it. Such a mess.

And frankly if anyone other than David Fincher made this, there wouldn't be such rabid "HE HAD PROBLEMS ON THE SET, YA KNOW!?!" defenses. Every other filmmaker ever also had problems on their sets.
                        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• In light of the complete wastes of time we got after the third, I'm willing to overlook some of the shakier elements.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Count me in as a Prometheus defender. Hell even Alien: Resurrection. But Alien: Covenant? Burn that shit to the ground.
                            Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                              Roc was pretty good in it. .
                              [emoji38]

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                                Count me in as a Prometheus defender. Hell even Alien: Resurrection. But Alien: Covenant? Burn that shit to the ground.
                                The first 15 minutes of Prometheus are awesome. The rest is silly. Covenant I didnt mind as much. Especially if you factor in what could have been with the deleted scenes included.

Comment

Working...
                                X