Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Little Things was boring as fuck. I like Rami, but that was a weird roll for him.

Comment

• People were losing their mind over In and Of Itself on Hulu so we watched it. Had no fucking idea what it was. "Lyrical poem?" What the fuck? Then it's kind of a magic show? But a weird like rumination on identity? And then a lot of celebrities shots cut in the big final "trick" reveal from performances they filmed? I did crack up at Randy Pitchford's pervert ass there but just out of focus in a shot. I guess it's interesting but the magic tricks are kind of few and far between, the story telling is kind of hokey, and the sentimentality is extreme maudlin. I dunno. I guess watch it. Frank Oz did make it very interesting to look at.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        The Little Things. Do you miss late 90's serial killer thrillers? Do you want to watch a laughably bad Rami Malek who cannot act unless he is a hacker act through his teeth for most of the runtime? Do you want to see paunchy Denzel Washington with the fakest white teeth ever? Do you want to watch Jared Leto play a possible serial killer like you've seen a million times before? Then check it out on HBO Max!
        Ooooof, so HBO Max is 0 for 2 at this point? Damn.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• more like WB is 0 for 2. If this thing came out in the theaters it'd have been destroyed.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
            The Little Things was boring as fuck. I like Rami, but that was a weird roll for him.
            I did SORT OF enjoy the ending. I like endings like that.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• watched TRADING PLACES last night. Oddly, my wife had never seen this before. It holds up great and the wife loved it. although we both agreed that the thing at the end with the gorilla costume really goes too far in terms of stretching credulity. I forgot just how well Aykroyd and Murphy played off of each other in this film. Their chemistry is amazing. Murphy rightly deserved every accolade that he got for the film but Aykroyd is right up there.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Eating the salmon on the subway has always made me want to vomit everywhere, and I have no idea why.

Comment

• Ughhhhh, same! It’s the fact that he gets fake hair with it for me. *hooooorffff!*
                  Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Cabin Boy is stupidly brilliant, and we loved every second of it.
                    Originally posted by Ari
                    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• That movie is great. Chris Elliot is awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                        Eating the salmon on the subway has always made me want to vomit everywhere, and I have no idea why.
                        it was gross when he stuffed it down his jacket and REALLY gross when he pulled it out to eat it. Nauseating, even.
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• I never got that grossed out by it (maybe that says more about me and my own predilection for eating salmon that has been warming in my pants) but his deadpan performance as he moment by moment hits new rock bottoms as he leaves the Christmas party is one of my all-time favorites.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Yeah, Aykroyd has never been better. He was great in GHOSTBUSTERS of course but he has to show much more range here in TRADING PLACES and he pulls it all off with great charm.

And Jamie Lee Curtis? yeah...

Comment

• Trading Places was a film I really wanted a sequel to. Loved how Aykroyd and Murphy played off each other, and I wanted to see if they wound up taking over the Dukes business empire, and if the Dukes had a scheme to take it all back.

And yes, more Jamie Lee. Lots more Jamie Lee.

Comment

• NOES3 Dream Warriors

Had not seen this since I was around 10? I knew Taryn's switchblades (which rule) and 'welcome to prime time bitch!" which is probably my favorite kill in the whole series. And of course the song. Didn't remember much else, especially the legitimately awesome casting in it. And the time jump to 1990. I had no idea Langenkamp was going to show up. For some reason this is the only NOES film not streaming on Amazon or HBO, anyone know why? Overall this is the best NOES so far because the kills are good as shit, and it gets juuuuuuuuust enough campy one liner Freddy. I don't remember 4 much at all either, and really wondering how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                                X