Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingsman 2. Not sure why it got so much hate. I dug it as much as the first one. It had issues though. 30 mins too long and Tatum was wasted but that last fight scene was amazingly shot and the stuff with Elton was great.

I had fun.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Lego Batman. Was ok.

Big Hero 6. I'm old. TJ Miller annoys the fuck out of me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• I was pretty disappointed in Lego Batman. But I loved Big Hero 6.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          I was pretty disappointed in Lego Batman. But I loved Big Hero 6.
          I only saw the last act of BH6. Probably would have loved it as a kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            Kingsman 2. Not sure why it got so much hate. I dug it as much as the first one. It had issues though. 30 mins too long and Tatum was wasted but that last fight scene was amazingly shot and the stuff with Elton was great.

I had fun.
            Yeah I dug it too. I wish the villain was stronger and it wasn't quite so long, but I am excited for a third.

Comment

• Agreed on Kingsman parte deaux. Loved it, was a bit long and Taters could have had more to do but still will watch another.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Thor Ragnarok. It was ok. Way too long. Goldblum ruled.

Comment

• Agree that it was too long. I had fun. A co-worker described it to me as “it doesn’t take itself too seriously, and I think that is a perfect review...until the last 30 minutes. Then there’s a complete tone shift and it was eh.
                  Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Did two movies this weekend.

TOMB RAIDER: Better than the Jolie films by a country mile but still not a good movie. Vikander is really good as Lara Croft but that’s about it. There is zero tension in the film and nothing there really excites. A film like this needs a sense of awe and it never really achieves it. Wait for redbox. Of note: the film outright rips off INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE with a lot of plot elemements. Too bad it didn’t rip off the quality of that film in the process.

BLACK PANTHER: Very good, not great. There’s a bit of extra meat to the plot due to the inherent politics of the story, but it’s otherwise pretty generic. The acting is particularly good in this one, though.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Also lots and lots of Big Hero 6. I've grown to love it. However, the kid is beating it out of me with all the rewatching.

Comment

• Checked out I, Tonya last night. Dug it. Can anyone explain how this fits into the MCU?

That was the only thing that took me outta it was Stan. He rocked but I just kept waiting for Thor or Cap to bust in. The CGI shit on her face was distracting as fuck. I know Margot can't figure skate, just use a goddamn body double and not shitty face mapping.

Comment

• Should have just used deep fakes.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Pacific Rim 2: Kaiju Boogaloo - entertaining, but like it's predecessor, not that deep a flick. There is a nice heel turn, though, that's kind of telegraphed, but whatevs. It's giant robots vs. giant monsters, smashing the ever loving shit outta cities. Turn off your brain, enjoy.

Comment

• GAME OVER, MAN- I think I'm tired of Adam Devine's schtick but I laughed quite a bit during this. It really is stoner Die Hard.

Comment

• The new Jumanji. It was fun. Everyone played well off each other and you could tell they were having fun. Unlike a lot of action movies that have come out recently, I felt like it was the perfect length. Not much fat to trim, as it were. Would definitely recommend.
                                Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

Working...
                                X