Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s on VOD now.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      If its directed by David Lynch, it's the theatrical.
      If it's directed by Alan Smithee and written by Judas Booth, it's the extended.

Haven't seen a fan edit but I'm sure it exists. If memory serves, after the relative failure of the theatrical version, Lynch was offered the opportunity to do an extended cut. When compiling all of the footage, he put all of it back with the intention of editing it down. De Laurentiis just took that huge cut without any edits, slapped a new intro on it, and released it. Lynch disowned it, hence the Smithee/Booth credits.
      Heard a new Blu-Ray set might be in the works, obviously in conjecture with the 2020 film... and Lynch isn't 100% opposed to participating.
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• That's new. After that fiasco with the extended cut, he was reportedly pissed and simply walked away from all of it.

Again, I borderline love the movie. I admire the sheer ambition and balls of the thing, and every misstep is fascinating in it's own way.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• First Alien 40th Anniversary short film released: "Containment"

Neat. Even has a post credits scene haha.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            First Alien 40th Anniversary short film released: "Containment"

Neat. Even has a post credits scene haha.
            I dug that a lot.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• From Beyond is still so fun. Crampton is soooooooo hot.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I prefer FROM BEYOND to REANIMATOR.
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                  I prefer FROM BEYOND to REANIMATOR.
                  I have seen neither. Lamerz.

Comment

• Nate....

Comment

Nate....
                      I know, I know. I remember the vhs box art vividly.

Comment

• I hold both films in equal esteem. Crampton, Combs, and Lovecraft, plus copious amounts of grue = one happy Timmy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                          I hold both films in equal esteem. Crampton, Combs, and Lovecraft, plus copious amounts of grue = one happy Timmy.
                          I've watched the RLM review of them both and it made me sad that I didn't see them back in the 80s.

Comment

• The Standoff at Sparrow Creek. Shit was dope. James Badge Dale fucking rocked in this. Highly recommend it. Go in blind as well. Suspenseful as fuck.

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                              Tried several times over the years to get into it and the book itself to zero success. But gonna give Lynch's Dune another shot because God loves a trier and/or I really hate myself.
                              Finally able to sit through it.

It was far from the disaster long purported. Found it to be pretty decent overall, and again I am not a Lynch guy. They did a first-rate job making you believe you were in another world, the score is phenomenal and Kyle MacLachlan gracefully carried the whole thing - quite the feat considering how expensive it was circa '84 and it was his first acting gig(!?!)

But you could feel how details, characters, etc. fly by so fast, so randomly in the second half after the first hour of solid world-building and overall set-up. Definitely in need of an extra half-hour to maybe even an hour to let things flow better.

Curious to check out the Alan Smithee TV cut (Although I did watch its awful prologue - stick with the Virginia Madsen narration) or the Redux fan-edit Rob linked to.
                              Originally posted by Ari
                              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

The Standoff at Sparrow Creek. Shit was dope. James Badge Dale fucking rocked in this. Highly recommend it. Go in blind as well. Suspenseful as fuck.
                                The movie was excellent and I look forward to seeing more from this writer/director. Badge Dale needs to be in just about every movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X