Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you're EH AND YOUR OPINION ON MGS IS HOOEY. jk luv u bro
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• BIG HERO 6- yeah, this is great. The story has a lot of heart, good morals for the kids, and the action is a lot of fun. It reminded me a lot of the sheer fun of the Incredibles, like when Dash learns he can run on water. I would watch a sequel to this for sure.

Comment

• The Hateful 8 - HOLY. SHIT. Tarantino knocked this one outta the park. All of the characters get moments to shine and are richly developed, even the bit players/cameos in the patented flashback scene.

Great dialogue moments here, as is usual for a Tarantino film - expect some memes and quotes to catch on from here on out.

MVP is tough to call here, though Leigh steals every scene she's in (easily one of my favorite actresses and she displays some musical skills I was unaware of previously), with Jackson and Russel vying for dominance in their scenes together. Hell, even Bruce Dern brings back his crotchety old fart schtick from Django Unchained and it's fried gold here.

Definitely put on your detective cap and pay close attention - there's all sorts of shenanigans at play here (I thought I figured out who was playing who amongst the 8, and was pleasantly surprised when the curve ball showed up - though I winced when it got pitched, as any guy would - SPOILERS! -, should something similar happen).

Got sidetracked today, so no Bone Tomahawk as a follow-up. Mayhaps this weekend.

Comment

• HATEFUL 8.

Still processing. Loved it and hated it at the same time.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          Originally posted by Martin
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• The Hateful Eight has the opposite problem of Django Unchained. Drags its ass for the first forty minutes. But then Jackson gives... that speech and holy shit does it go into high-gear.
            Originally posted by Ari
            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• I pretty much agree with all of you on Hateful Eight, there's tons to love and a good bit to hate but I was entertained so that wins out for me. Also some really good performances, and THAT monologue.... You know which one.

Sicario was fucking awesome, my wife was like "I thought Del Toro was going to be the hero" and I answered with "well depending on your point of view he may be." Such a good flick.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• What I don't get about the Hateful Eight is how Ennio Morricone got away with offering up half a score, 1/4 of rejected music from The Thing and the rest a mix of cues from The Exorcist Part II, Untouchables and Two Mules.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Yeah, when they were laying the line for the shitter I thought I recognized some of the sound there. Was that one of the parts?
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                    Yeah, when they were laying the line for the shitter I thought I recognized some of the sound there. Was that one of the parts?

Yep.

Also, the recurring motif for the Gang of Four.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Ok, glad to know I'm not fucking insane then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fil View Post
                        Watched Bone Tomahawk. Knew very little about it, but was pleasantly surprised. It is a little slow at the beginning, it could have probably been about 15 minutes shorter, but it's great when it get going.
                        Watched Bone Tomahawk yesterday, and I concur. Could have used some trimming, and I felt the first half dragged, but that second half - man! Cannibals be cannibaling like a mofo.

S. Craig Zahler made a great mash-up of an old school Western (the AV Club compared it to John Ford's The Searchers, which I agree with) with some Eli Roth mixed in (the Troglodytes would have felt right at home in The Green Inferno).

Russel's toned down in this film as opposed to his performance in Hateful 8, but I was far more sympathetic to his character here. Shades of his Wyatt Earp from Tombstone pop up here and there, especially in his interactions with his 2 fellow cowboys and his deputy. Also, Patrick Wilson's arc was great - his character was the guy I was rooting for the most.

Great, great flick.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                          My wife walked in during the Freebird sequence and felt the same way. I think she said something like "what are you even watching? This is dumb."
                          I get shit like this ALL the time. She walked in on the Jonah Hill demon rape scene in "This is the End" and I cringed like a beaten dog thinking "Here it comes!" "What the hell are you WATCHING?!"

You. Me. Same.
                          I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Riddle me this: is Hateful 8 an actual attempt at film making, like Reservoir Dogs, Jackie Brown or Pulp Fiction, or is it a cartoon like the Kill Bills and Django, with the overblown blood soaked ridiculous fight scenes?
                            I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                              Riddle me this: is Hateful 8 an actual attempt at film making, like Reservoir Dogs, Jackie Brown or Pulp Fiction, or is it a cartoon like the Kill Bills and Django, with the overblown blood soaked ridiculous fight scenes?
                              There's a bit of over the top bloody scenes, but it's a LOT of talking. It's legit Clue by way of QT.

And I didn't get the hate for Hateful yall did. I loved it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                                There's a bit of over the top bloody scenes, but it's a LOT of talking. It's legit Clue by way of QT.

And I didn't get the hate for Hateful yall did. I loved it.
                                Oh, I loooooved it. First accurate display of poisoning that I've seen in ages.

Comment

Working...
                                X