Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hahahahahah.

Now show them Gremlins 2.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Finally got out to see Sicario. If you're into films like Traffic, Sin Nombre, No Country for Old Men, or liked Denis Villeneuve's previous films Enemy and Prisoners, or watched Narcos, you'll probably like Sicario. Worth a watch for the extraction sequence at the border alone. Probably not the best movie for the holidays though, unless you like your holiday movies with a side of Mexican cartel murders.
      "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• I really want to see that. A whole bunch.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          I really want to see that. A whole bunch.

Del Toro makes the entire movie.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I love Villeneuve. Easily our best director. Makes me curious on Blade Runner 2.

Sicario was good. I'm a fan of the Blunt hottie, but yeah, Del Toro.
            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
              Del Toro makes the entire movie.
              Yeah, he's great in this.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              I love Villeneuve. Easily our best director. Makes me curious on Blade Runner 2.

Sicario was good. I'm a fan of the Blunt hottie, but yeah, Del Toro.
              Yeah, the one two punch of Enemy and Prisoners made me a fan of his. Sicario was a no brainer watch for me, Del Toro, Blunt, Brolin, Villeneuve, Deakins and subject matter that fascinates me.
              "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Kingsman. LOVED this. The action sequences were just incredible. And the tongue in cheek, self conscious humor, as well as all the stellar performances from every main character make this easily one of the best films I've seen all year. My wife came home from Xmas shopping halfway thru and saw the training montage where the chick drowns, and was like: "That's a bit much, don't you think?" She continued to bitch and ask semi rhetorical questions over the dialogue until I gave with a curt: "It's only a movie, dear."
                I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• In a move full of excess and extremes that's like the least excessive part because it informed a large part of what the Kingsmen were about. If she had watched the rest her head would've exploded.

Comment

• Totally with you on Kingsman, Ig. Enjoyed the hell out of it - got an odd Derek Flint/Matt Helm spy movie vibe from it, but more British, of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                      In a move full of excess and extremes that's like the least excessive part because it informed a large part of what the Kingsmen were about. If she had watched the rest her head would've exploded.
                      She did watch the rest of it; heckled quietly & derisively at a few points. And gasped at some of the violence in the fight sequences. And she couldn't stop laughing at Samuel L. Jackson's lisp. I don't get why she hated on this movie so much. It was batshit insane, yes, but it wasn't THAT batshit insane that it should inspire this level of disbelief.
                      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• You need to put a little Jodeci on and straighten your wife out man. Like stat.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• My wife walked in during the Freebird sequence and felt the same way. I think she said something like "what are you even watching? This is dumb."

Comment

• Meanwhile Lesley fucking loved that movie because it's awesome. It just sucks because I can't do a great Brit accent and that makes her all silly.

Watched Blade Runner - the Final Cut tonight
                            it's been awhile. I have thoughts about this movie but I've made peace with them.

Decided to then pop in Avatar - EXTREME ALL OF THE EXTRA FOOTAGE version and fuck man, I cannot wait until 2017 for the next one.

JAKE SULLLLY

Comment

• I was just thinking about Avatar today. Like, remember when that was a thing and now no one remembers it? It's lasting legacy is not fancy CG worlds but a world when 3D gets tacked on to every genre movie.

Comment

• right? It's a fucking shame because this is one fucking amazing world building flick. Fuck the "IT'S POCAHONTAS IN SPACE" shit. The stuff on display is still awe inducing in my opinion. And the extra 16 min version is great. Can't wait for the sequels where we go underwater and shit in 3d and see giant alien squids and oh god cannnnnnnot wait

Comment

Working...
                                X