Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My interpretation of the ending:
      Spoiler: spoiler 

- Fletcher wins
    - Andrew goes to hug his Dad who pretty much asks him to come home (quit).
    - Andrew goes FUCK THAT. FUCK YOU to Dad, I'm gonna go out there and say FUCK YOU to Fletcher.
    - Andrew goes out there and rocks it. Fletcher doesn't so much let Andrew 'win', he lets it all play out. He sees Andrew come into his own and grudgingly lets him do it. His father watches in amazement which quickly turns to horror when he realizes that he's lost his son...not to Fletcher, but to his ambition.

I didn't see it as a validation of Fletcher's brutality. I saw it as a validation of Andrew's ambition.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      My interpretation of the ending:
        Spoiler: spoiler 

- Fletcher wins
      - Andrew goes to hug his Dad who pretty much asks him to come home (quit).
      - Andrew goes FUCK THAT. FUCK YOU to Dad, I'm gonna go out there and say FUCK YOU to Fletcher.
      - Andrew goes out there and rocks it. Fletcher doesn't so much let Andrew 'win', he lets it all play out. He sees Andrew come into his own and grudgingly lets him do it. His father watches in amazement which quickly turns to horror when he realizes that he's lost his son...not to Fletcher, but to his ambition.

I didn't see it as a validation of Fletcher's brutality. I saw it as a validation of Andrew's ambition.
      Bingo.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Interesting.

Spoiler:  

I think we basically agree that it is a vindication of Andrew's ambition (that's the word I was looking for earlier but just couldn't find it). I would like to think that Andrew and his father still stay close but, you're right, that is a break that happens. Thinking about it now, Reiser's last look paired with how Andrew dumped his girlfriend makes that reading obvious. Durr.

Man, that's kind of a bummer. But Andrew said it himself at the dinner table, right?

Comment

• For me, the single most important shot of the entire film is Reiser's reaction shot at the end. It says everything that you need to know about the climax of the film without being too on the nose.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

For me, the single most important shot of the entire film is Reiser's reaction shot at the end. It says everything that you need to know about the climax of the film without being too on the nose.
            This is what brought me around, but Simmons getting all wide eyed had me seeing it the other way for a bit till I thought, "well of course HE'S gonna think he's vindicated."

Such a great fucking movie.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Mockingjay Part 1. Not bad. The series as a whole doesn't do much for me but each entry ends up better than the one before it. Curious to see what they're going to do now that PSH is dead. I still think I dig the second one the most so far.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The Fault In Our Stars - took a page from (sniff) Troy, gave it (sniff, sniff) a spin. Very good flick, (sniffle, sob), with terrific performances from Shailene Woodley (sniffle - not crying, I swear), Willem DeFoe (plays quite the bastard in this), and Ansel Elgort (sniff, tears? On my glasses? No - sniff- just condensation. Sniffle, oh, God, why...sniff, sniff?), though with him I agree with Troy's review here. Very moving (not gonna cry... not gonna cry) story that gives you the feels, and some really great work from all involved at the end.

Break out the Kleenex on this one. (Wish I did. Fuck. And Shailene Woodley's Hazel... sniff... she was SO strong! BOOHOOHOOHOOHOO....)

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                  Mockingjay Part 1. Not bad. The series as a whole doesn't do much for me but each entry ends up better than the one before it. Curious to see what they're going to do now that PSH is dead. I still think I dig the second one the most so far.
                  Kind of where I am with the whole thing.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

For me, the single most important shot of the entire film is Reiser's reaction shot at the end. It says everything that you need to know about the climax of the film without being too on the nose.
                    That look is devastating.
                    Originally posted by Ari
                    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• THE JUDGE

We liked it. Indeed, we liked it a lot more than we thought we would. It's predictable, but it's very well done with some genuinely solid acting from Downey. Some good lines in it, too...again, all from Downey.

Worth a watch.

Comment

• NEIGHBORS

Pretty damned funny, actually. I was genuinely surprised at how good Rose Byrne was in this...she needs to do more comedies like this because she's a natural at it.

Comment

• that's what I was saying. That movie is great. The Batman conversation, "I'm wearing a choker!", and the Abercrombie stuff was hilarious.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• God, the Batman conversation was fantastic. The movie was littered with great moments like that.

Comment

• as dumb as it is, the scene with the different DeNiros and Sam Jackson made me lose my shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                                as dumb as it is, the scene with the different DeNiros and Sam Jackson made me lose my shit.
                                Totally with you.

Who are you?
                                I'm Sam Jackson from JACKIE BROWN! 'The path of the righteous man...'
                                Dude, you're not even in the right fucking movie!

Hoo ah!
                                Dude, that's Pacino! Get your actors right!

Funny stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X