Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will do. Ritt's work here was outstanding.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
      Will do. Ritt's work here was outstanding.

He's a less showier version of John Sturges, but that's not a bad thing.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
        This was a low budget Van Helsing in its tone. Not necessarily camp, but definitely going for the "more VFX equals better you twats!" school of thought.
        EXACTLY.
        I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Heh. So couple of weeks ago I had to chose between Ironclad and Solomon Cocaine on Netflix as part of a James Purefoy lunch movie time.

Looks like I chose well, as Ironclad, while not great, was a simple fun way to spend 2 hours.
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I tried sitting thru Bunraku, but found it was just too stupid to waste more than half an hour on.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
              I tried sitting thru Bunraku, but found it was just too stupid to waste more than half an hour on.
              Thanks for taking that bullet. I was contemplating it.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• It was trying to be slick and artsy, and give you that "real comic book feel", kind of like Sin City did, I guess. But the sets and costumes looked terrible; like something high school drama club with a budget and a talented carpenter could make. The fight choreography was SO gay (forgive me Howard, but it just fits), and the dialogue was HORRIBLE.

Comment

• I too was wondering about Bunraku, if only for the cast. Bullet dodged.
                  BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Full Metal Jacket on Blu-Ray.

Same problem confirmed. First 40-50 minutes are some of Kubrick's best work and then the sequel starring Modine starts immediately after. Its not as good and redundant with the same message.
                    Originally posted by Ari
                    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• It not as brutal of a mid-film shift as you'd find in FROM DUSK TIL DAWN, but yeah...it's a definite switch of gears once they actually head off to Vietnam. It works for me, but I can totally see why it wouldn't work for others.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Jamie, please elaborate, citing specific examples.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• FMJ is flawless.

Comment

• I agree with Jamie but that's only based on the fact that I honestly remember NOTHING of the second half of that movie except for Adam Baldwin and "suky suky" and I remember the first half pretty vividly. It's also been years since I've watched this flick but I do remember thinking it felt like 2 different movies.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Well it's two different parts to the experience of the MC, so of course it'll feel that way.

I don't think there is any other way for such a story to be told without it being segmented in some way.

You see the dehumanization of the soldier first, and then the toll that takes on their own dehumanization of their enemy and how in the end they are both demonizing each other. Joker sees it much more clearly because he shields the horror of such things and the fact he isn't born to kill with cynicism, but it cracks open wide when he's put into that situation at the end where he has to make the choice.

I don't really understand how you could have one half without the other. It's an incomplete statement otherwise.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Kubrick disagrees with the "two movies" opinion on FMJ. He considers it three films. Training, Day to Day Nam Life, Sniper

Comment

Working...
                                X