Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shame to have peaked so young. . . .
    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• I had hopes for Lords of Salem but I still have yet to make it through it. I really need to give it another chance.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        Devil's is the pinnacle of Zombie's directing thus far.
        Gotta agree with you and Iggy - it's such a terrific, brutal step-up from House of 1,000 Corpses. Though I do love that flick, Devil's Rejects just surpasses it.

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        I had hopes for Lords of Salem but I still have yet to make it through it. I really need to give it another chance.
        I really want to check that flick out - tempted to get it OnDemand and give it a whirl, or I'll wait til it hits cable.

Comment

• I forgot to mention, I smashed out Curse of Chucky for Halloween.

All criticisms accepted, I kinda loved it. Its beautifully shot, steadily paced and a super-solid reboot and continuation of the franchise. It's up there with the first Child's Play and Bride as one of the better ones.
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Catch-up time:

Moneyball (2011)
            Glorious. I was unsure whether my lack of baseball knowledge would prove an obstacle, given the specifics of the premise. But rather than detract from the film, I found my detachment (as a non-follower of the sport) allowed me to experience the team's triumphs and disappointments with maximum impact, free from any potential bias. Possibly my favourite Pitt performance. Definitely worthy of a repeat viewing.

Bridesmaids (2011)
            That's it? Some moderately interesting actresses - as opposed to some moderately interesting actors - in bawdy situations? I found it hard to care about any of these women, as I generally dislike comedies which "reach" - i.e. try to prod me into laughing by lingering on something crude/shocking (a sorry consequence of the Apatow brand). Maybe I'm alone on this, but that doesn't automatically make something funnier. Very often it just makes it tiresome. Super-weak.

30 Minutes or Less (2011)
            This was also surprisingly bland. I sensed it had the potential to do more than simply allude to vintage buddy comedies, considering some of those involved. But I found the generic post-Apatow feel (where much of the humour feels improvised even when it might be scripted) really tawdry here. Not quite Cop Out tawdry, but deeply unremarkable nonetheless.
            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Bridesmaid, while not a masterpiece, is still pretty damn funny.

Baraka

Still is probably my favorite documentary ever. A masterpiece. In Bluray, probably the most gorgeous movie ever.

I really need to see Samara.
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• ENDER'S GAME

God help me, I fucking loved this. I'm completely surprised by that reaction, but there it is. It flat out worked for me from beginning to end. Every single actor is 100% engaged in the material, especially Harrison Ford. This is the best work that I've seen from him in over a decade.

It's perhaps a tad too fast paced (especially in the beginning, where they quite literally throw you right into the middle of a scene), but that didn't stop me from being completely enthralled in it.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• All Is Lost (e.g., my time and money)

I was going in expecting something similar to Castaway. Well take away the dialogue, scenery, and heart. It was a total snoozefest. I don't agree with the various award predictions. After reading Matt's review I wish I had gone to see Ender's Game instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                    The Devil's Rejects. Yep, still awesome. Still worthy of being in my top 20 of all time. Moseley is amazing in this and that hotel scene is still horrifying.
                    Best film opening in quite some time too.
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                      ENDER'S GAME

God help me, I fucking loved this. I'm completely surprised by that reaction, but there it is. It flat out worked for me from beginning to end. Every single actor is 100% engaged in the material, especially Harrison Ford. This is the best work that I've seen from him in over a decade.

It's perhaps a tad too fast paced (especially in the beginning, where they quite literally throw you right into the middle of a scene), but that didn't stop me from being completely enthralled in it.
                      Do you feel like punching ants in the face now? Or is it the gays that you want to punch?

No matter, I'll catch this on Blu, but good to know it doesn't suck.
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                        ENDER'S GAME

I liked the opening, but the rest of the movie never caught up. Very forgettable, but not bad.
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Thor: The Dark World (viewing 2)

aka I paid more attention this time.

Spoiler: spoilers 
                          Chris O' Dowd wasn't Donald Blake. LET DOWN. The humor works the best for me out of all the Marvel movies. However, Malekith and Kurse are very limited in terms of what they can do.

Heimdall and Frigga got bigger roles, but again...if you're not a fan you don't who they are or care.

The Guardians of the Galaxy mid credits scene works better for me this time. Even though, it still looks like a left over set from a Roddenberry production.

I also noticed the Adam Warlock cocoon behind Sif and Volstagg this time.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Thinking more on ENDER'S GAME, I finally figured out why I liked it so much: it did an excellent job of showing intelligence onscreen. It let smart characters BE SMART and show off why they have the positions that they have. Ender isn't just called 'the best' and we're told to believe it...rather, the film makes a point of showing many different ways in which he's particularly savvy, especially when dealing with bullies. When Ford smiles over one of the things that Ender does, it only mirrors your own smile. I enjoyed that very much, and it's there for the entire film.
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Pirates 1. Been in the mood for some piratey action and this movie still works completely for me. The fight between Jack and Barbosa in the caves is still awesome as is the shots of the ghost pirates walking underwater towards the ships.

I wish they would have picked someone besides Orlando Bloom but that is about the only nitpick I have with this entry. Just a fun time.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
                                Catch-up time:

Moneyball (2011)
                                Glorious. I was unsure whether my lack of baseball knowledge would prove an obstacle, given the specifics of the premise. But rather than detract from the film, I found my detachment (as a non-follower of the sport) allowed me to experience the team's triumphs and disappointments with maximum impact, free from any potential bias. Possibly my favourite Pitt performance. Definitely worthy of a repeat viewing.
                                Hell to the yes, seen it four or five times now and I bloody love it. Not sure it's my favourite, but I get what you're saying about Pitt.

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                ENDER'S GAME

Interesting. Heard this reaction from a couple of people, might give it a shot this weekend.
                                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Working...
                                X