Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really didn't like Faster. It started well, but everything that wasn't the Rock rocking things up was a drag. HATED the spoiled rich kid assassin character.
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
      You're aware some of us haven't the movie, right?

I mean, there's a thread JUST FOR THAT MOVIE in here...
      Spolier: it's shit. The reveals are also shit.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Now You See Me

Balls. Pure balls. And the ending can suck a dick.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
          I really didn't like Faster. It started well, but everything that wasn't the Rock rocking things up was a drag. HATED the spoiled rich kid assassin character.
          YOU'RE A DRAG, A DRAG WITH AN ACCENT DIFFERENT THAN MY OWN!!!!
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
            Riddick.

I enjoyed it for the most part, though moments that really should have been intense or pulse pounding were lost due to the sound mix (I have a feeling that had more to do with the theatre and less with the actual film...I hope).

Sackhoff nipples, going halfsies on a decapitation, Johnny Tapia getting his ass beat, Rick's zebrahyenadog, and the nighttime hoverbikin' (basically batmobile turbines mixed with Dredd's Lawmaster) were all pretty cool bits in what was a return to more focused storytelling and a fine restart to those sorts of adventures for the Furyan with the nitelite eyes.

The slow burn of Riddick navigating the shithole planet was actually my favorite part.
            Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
            My final words on the subject:

It's totally a small-screen venture and it shows in spots, but I enjoyed the big screen moments that shone through (most of the spots I had previously listed as pluses).

The "venomous misogyny" is completely in character in context. Whoever is crying about it can eat the loosest of stools.
            Russ nailed it - Jen and I quite enjoyed the flick for the above reasons the good Captain described. Much better than Chronicles, which I still dig, as this go round harkens back to the Pitch Black Riddick I first fell in love with.

Also, Katee Sackhoff. Would have loved to see her character do more stuff (maybe in a sequel?), and the "venomous misogyny" directed towards her was in character/context, but her character easily demonstrated why it didn't pay to mess with her. She could, assuredly, hack it.

Comment

• Dahl was an awesome addition to the talent roster.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                Spolier: it's shit. The reveals are also shit.
                Maybe, but I'll still see it, and while it's a shit movie, spoilers aren't cool in THIS thread, people, regardless of your opinion of the movie. Fuck, even if it's garbage, maybe I'll squeeze some enjoyment out of it with some surprises...

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                Now You See Me

Balls. Pure balls. And the ending can suck a dick.
                Too bad. I was kinda looking forward to this.
                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• You'll have to take drugs to enjoy such a waste of so many great things in one place. It is just absolutely depressing how far it misses ANY mark.

It's like the MIR of summer movies. Held together with birdshit, duct tape, and Chris Pine's alcoholism. You're better off giving your money and time to something that earns it.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I watched Star Trek: Generations and Insurrection, and I'm willing to bet that while it might be dumber, it won't be as fucking boring as these 2 shit movies. I mean, there's like 3 good/great Trek movie.

Khan. First Contact and the reboot. The whale movie gets a pass, but the rest is BOOOOOOOOOORING. Not a Trek fan, so even if it's dumb and crap it might not be boring.

Comment

• Still need to see Riddick and the adventures of the Sackhoff.
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• You've been warned Martin. I'm sorry in advance.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I SHALL EMBRACE THE PAIN AND SWIM IN THE POO.

Comment

• BROWN WATER RAFTIN'!
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I'm expecting it to be the movie equivalent of the Poo Cocktail Supreme.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                                Khan. First Contact and the reboot. The whale movie gets a pass, but the rest is BOOOOOOOOOORING. Not a Trek fan, so even if it's dumb and crap it might not be boring.
                                IV works because of the cast and the humor.
                                Originally posted by Ari
                                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Working...
                                X