Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had some troubles with the eyeball soup and the monkey sorbet....
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Temple had some dark moments for Indy which were interesting to see but as an entire experience, it's a real slog.

Blame for this can be attributed to the tone deaf humor, the infinitely grating Kate Capshaw, and child actors.

It never ceases to be a shrill experience, but after watching the fourth installment I could understand the apologists and their affection for it. At least it was competently made. It's just no fun at all.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• RAIDERS is a perfect film. Period. There will never be a better film made in the history of cinema. Indeed, I got one of those pictures taken where my face replaces Harrison Ford's in the movie poster (got it in Disneyworld...gonna bring it into work and post it on my desk).

TEMPLE and CRUSADE are excellent but are both a couple of ingredients short of perfection.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• An American Werewolf in London. Still awesome, still hilarious, still kickass practical effects. I forgot how much I enjoyed Griffin Dunne in this.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Is there a better werewolf movie out there?

Comment

• The Dunne is underrated. Check out After Hours if you haven't.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                I had some troubles with the eyeball soup and the monkey sorbet....
                There's this IDIOT I work with that a bunch of us tried to talk into going to get Indian food for lunch one day. he utterly refused to even consider the prorpect. His reasoning? he thought it was gonna be like that scene. Really? REALLY? REALLY?
                I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Wait whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                    There's this IDIOT I work with that a bunch of us tried to talk into going to get Indian food for lunch one day. he utterly refused to even consider the prorpect. His reasoning? he thought it was gonna be like that scene. Really? REALLY? REALLY?
                    fuckin luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuulz

Comment

• BEST LUNCH BUFFET EVER
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Indy, like Die Hard, is a series that epitomizes diminishing returns for me. Each is slightly less good than it's predecessor as a whole, though each has some nice set-pieces.
                        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Apt comparison.

Dennis Franz is the Kate Capshaw of Die Harder.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Exactly like Die Hard, the 3rd outing is superior to the 2nd.

Mind you, Temple of Doom could have benefited from some random naked kata/taichi-in-a-bedroom scene.
                            Last edited by Martin; 07-29-2013, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                              Indy, like Die Hard, is a series that epitomizes diminishing returns for me. Each is slightly less good than it's predecessor as a whole, though each has some nice set-pieces.
                              Pretty much spot on.
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• With a Vengeance and Last Crusade have some series highs, but both are marred by dull third acts and occasionally AWFUL special effects.
                                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Working...
                                X