Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paranormal Activity 4. More like Paranormal Activity Snore, amirite?

seriously though. Meh. Uber, uber, meh. After the surprisingly decent 3rd one, this one is completely boring and the scares are non existent. Also, the end is lulzworthy.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Death Racers. ICP and The Asylum team-up for... a film. I guess.

Terrific performances, amazing special effects, white-knuckle stunts, a killer soundtrack, an intense and thought-provoking plot, a tribute to the DIY ethic of the legendary Roger Corman! None of these are in this movie! I've seen old super 8mm films shot by kids in their backyards that had more resonance. And the budget! I gotta admit, you do see every penny of the $5.95 they spent to make this abomination.

The only tip of the hat I give this mess is to whoever came up with the team name Vaginamyte. Otherwise, no. Back away from this like it's the most contagious biohazard material on Earth. Then punch a Juggalo, just on general principle.

Comment

• For watching an ICP related "film" you get...

TIM,
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• THREE OUTLAW SAMURAI

This is a Criterion blu ray that I picked up a few months ago and finally got around to watching. This is a GREAT Samurai movie if you've never seen it before: fast paced and action packed with several i teresting and compelling characters. Lots of fun.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
            For watching an ICP related "film" you get...

TIM,
            It was 4 AM and I couldn't sleep, and there was naught but shit on. I think watching it absolved me of some sins.

Originally posted by Matt View Post
            THREE OUTLAW SAMURAI

This is a Criterion blu ray that I picked up a few months ago and finally got around to watching. This is a GREAT Samurai movie if you've never seen it before: fast paced and action packed with several i teresting and compelling characters. Lots of fun.
            Ooh! If it's got samurais, I'm watching it.

Comment

• No, watching it WAS a sin.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• The Collection. Sequel to The Collector (AKA The R Rated Home Alone movie). Not fucking bad actually. The opening kills were fucking stupid but AMAZINGLY AWESOMELY OVER THE TOP. Beecher and Bubbles showing up as Mercs or some shit? Awesome.

Decent kills, decent ending, enjoyable. I would have LOVED these movies as a 15 year old.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Ace Ventura. Holy shit. Haven't watched this flick in ages. Still completely hilarious. I honestly would not mind if Carrey went back to the well. The only thing I'm not a fan of is the hateful stuff in regards to homosexuality in the movie. Rubs me the wrong way.

Comment

• We'll see how the Dumb movie goes.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      Ace Ventura. Holy shit. Haven't watched this flick in ages. Still completely hilarious. I honestly would not mind if Carrey went back to the well. The only thing I'm not a fan of is the hateful stuff in regards to homosexuality in the movie. Rubs me the wrong way.
                      I just watched this the other day too. Totally holds up. Jim Carrey was a 20th century Charlie Chaplin.

Comment

• Saw Rec w/ my bro on Wed. night. Really enjoyed this. Glad it didn't have the shaky, out of focus, grainy look of most "found footage" movies (neatly explained by the fact that, hey. . . it WAS a professional film crew). Honestly, that shit rendered Paranormal Activity 2 so unwatchable (that and the stupid ending and the boring as fuck second and third acts, but I digress), that I have no real desire to see 3, even though I keep hearing it was good. Rec could've used a bit more gore, but what there was was well done. Also liked the supernatural element at the end. Rec 2 has been on Instant for awhile. I will have to check that out soon.

Also saw a German flick called "Hell" about the sun suddenly flaring & raising the temperature 10 Degrees C almost instantly, killing most plant & animal life on the planet & destroying civilized society. Pretty decent end of the world flick. Ratchets up the tension pretty well. The lead actress was also pretty easy on the eyes. It was a subtitle filled week of movie viewing.

There was a trailer at the beginning of this flick for The Messengers 2: the Scarecrow. We were intrigued, but neither that nor the 1st one was available on Instant. Anyone got the skinny on them? Are they as cool as they look?
                        I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• REC was great. REC 2 is also good, but 3... not so much. I loved that supernatural element, which was ditched in the US remake...
                          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• LES MISERABLES.

Too. Damned. Long.

I'm not into musicals but I did enjoy this for the most part. The story is compelling and the acting is good from everyone involved. I question a lot of the directorial choices (there was some really wonky camera shots that simply didn't make sense) but for the most part it's pretty competently made. It's just too damned long, though.

LOVE AND DEATH

A Woody Allen film. It's a favorite of a coworker's and he gave it to me to watch. I was surprised at how much I liked it. It's a short film (1 hour, 25 minutes) and it goes by at a really quick pace. It's a good diversion if you ever catch it on TV.
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• G.I. JOE: RETALIATION

Don't. Just...don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                G.I. JOE: RETALIATION

Don't. Just...don't.

YESSSSSSssssssssss, Matt hates it. IT'S GONNA BE AWESOME!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X