Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw it first run in theaters as a kid, and it just never really hit for me. I watched it again a few years back and it still didn't click for me. Which doesn't make much sense considering I watch every bullshit Christmas that comes out.

Comment

• XMAS movie 2 was Batman Returns in 4k glory. Gotdamn. This shit looked amazing. Tim Burton and HDR are a match made in heaven. Still my favorite of the Bat flicks and man does DeVito fucking own in this still.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Is that on HBO Max in 4k?!

Comment

• no, HBO won't have anything in 4k until WW84 and only that will be at first. I have it on itunes.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Uncle Frank from amazon. Shit that was good. It’s only an hour and a half so everything is very tight. Good story, so many big names in it. Highly recommend watching it if you have Prime.
            Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by Ingrid View Post
              Uncle Frank from amazon. Shit that was good. It’s only an hour and a half so everything is very tight. Good story, so many big names in it. Highly recommend watching it if you have Prime.
              Been seeing a ton of ads for this, and the cast looks awesome. Will check it out.

Comment

• We watched I'M YOUR WOMAN on Amazon Prime. It's pretty good, just a tad slow. There's a screaming baby present for a lot of the runtime, especially in the first hour, so be warned. Very well acted with some quick bursts of action here and there and a really solid car chase in the third act.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Gremlins and The Ref. Love both still and I miss old Denis Leary.

Comment

• THE REF is a bona fide classic.
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Die Hard was last night's movie. I mean it's Die Hard, not much more can be said. Still owns and is still 100% a Christmas movie. nerds can eat a dick.

Comment

• We did CHRISTMAS VACATION. For some reason, everything clicked on it last night and we laughed even though we knew the movie pretty thoroughly. Good fun.

Comment

• Strange grab bag of films yesterday evening after getting home from the holidays.

Rare Exports. I'd had it on every streamable service at one point or another and never got around to seeing it until after the day had come and gone. A couple of questionable effects here or there, but the conviction to stick to the premise and play around with expectation was combined well with the charm of the lead kid and the grounded performances from the Finns around him. Euro mullets are rare in film, but they should always be present and accounted for in genre films.

VFW. A who's who and what happened to them of older genre movie actors get together to move really slow and be edited together into navigable fight choreography, replete with the aesthetic of the NARC arcade game and a dime-store Carpenter synth score. Like Hobo with a Shotgun but without the humanity of a slumming Rutger Hauer surrounded by a bunch of Canuck accents. Still, I wish Steven Lang were in more stuff, as his stoic act is underrated. Unfortunately, the main villain here really isn't interesting enough to keep the conflict interesting for the whole runtime. That'll happen when you cast a string-bean with all the presence of a Burger King counter jockey as your antagonist. Still, not the worst thing to watch on a lazy Sunday.

Bone Tomahawk. Having not seen this in many years, I decided to watch it again to see if it was a brutal as I remember. It was. But what I came away with this time was just how well designed the build toward the climax was, as well as how much time it took with understated moments between the cast of characters. Generally things want to rush ahead into plot and lose all signs of a human touch, but once in a while there is a movie that keeps you interested through the dialogue and the portrayal of character in both big and small moments that further their characterization. It takes confidence in the writing and in the actors to deliver these things, but when those factors are all locked into place in the right way, they just fire easily and the minutes fly by, even in the most grim of circumstances. I still really like this film a fair bit.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• VFW was fun but lacking as you said. Sucks that Fred is apparently a piece of shit.

Comment

• Wait why’s Fred a shit now?

Williamson or Lang’s character?
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Nevermind, read his wiki. That’s a shame but who can keep track of who is who and doing what when the camera is off these days. Seems like everybody is going down in flames.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X