Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inception

Rewatching it, this is, without a single doubt in my mind, a masterpiece. Holy crap.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• The Lion King on blu. Looked great and I still really enjoy the flick.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• It's a pretty well put together animated flick. How big a difference on BLU?
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Nothing wrong with THE LION KING.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• It looked like it was animated on my tv. The colors were bright as fuck and it sounded great. If you have the DVD then you may be good, but the blu comes with the dvd as well so it's nice to have the option.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
              Inception

Rewatching it, this is, without a single doubt in my mind, a masterpiece. Holy crap.
              Concurred. Fuck the haters, that film is built like a motherfucker.
              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• No disagreement from me on INCEPTION. I'd have had zero issue with it winning BEST PICTURE.
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• I love Inception. I enjoy the shit out of it.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Stop-Loss

Suprisingly good. I'd never heard of it before, so for the unenlightened its a coming home from Iraq film from Boys Don't Cry director Kimberley Pierce. The first 45 minutes or so are excellent, and I say that as someone who normally doesn't care for Ryan Phillippe or Channing Tatum. But they're both rather good in the early stretches. They're supported by JGL, Timothy Olyphant and Ciaran Hinds and this - with the pretty smart, engaging script - helps a lot. But ultimately, the supporting cast depart form the film and the heavy lifting is left to Phillippe and Tatum accompanied by the completely forgettable Abbie Cornish. This is the seocnd film I've seen that she's played the female lead in (Limitless was the other) and I've decided she defines bland. Not one moment of chemistry or believablility. She's not embarrassingly bad, she just doesn't register at all.

Alas, what could have rivalled The Hurt Locker for Best American Film About Iraq ends up just being worth a watch. I'd compare its downward swing to the same problems present in The Messenger. Some of the fault lies in the writing, some more in the casting. Either way, it can't quite sustain the energy and emotion of its first half. But its still very much worth a watch for that great first half.
                    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Some else that I know saw that film and liked it. REALLY liked it, as I recall.

Comment

• I thought Stop-loss was pretty decent but suffered from the lack of chemistry and MTV studios-itis.

Comment

• Abbie Cornish. When you can't afford the looks or talent of either Charlize Theron or Scarlett Johansson.

Comment

• The only talent that Scarlet has is her body. I think she's a middling actress at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                              The only talent that Scarlet has is her body. I think she's a middling actress at best.
                              Hyperbole.

Of course I'm not saying she's great or should win any awards but she's ok to decent in a few flicks here and there.

Comment

• Charlize gets naked. Often. And she's a legitimately good actress with an Oscar. Just saying...they're not in the same league.

Comment

Working...
                                X