Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
    Picked up Rocky Balboa for 5 bucks on blu this weekend. Decent flick. Thought it was a perfect sendoff for the character. The way he just walks out of the venue without waiting to hear the results was perfect. Hated the dude from Heroes though. Boourns to him. And lulz to downtrodden Pam Beasley as Rocky's friend.
    One of my favourite cinema experiences ever. A great flick, in my opinion, but to see more men crying than women AND applause at the end (very rare in UK cinema) made it a screening to remember (and on my birthday, no less).
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Dragon Tattoo Mark II.

The chemistry between Assburgers Girl and the Only Englishman in Scandoland was much more apparent, the relationship more fleshed out. I appreciated that, as the language barrier held the characters at arms length (and the fact that the particular social strata of Scandos in the story are icy fucks to begin with) in the Rapace version, and as a result, I was more engaged than I expected to be (having seen and read this twice before).

That said, while some things are amended or excised, the characters are largely the same in their actions and arrive it the same place in the end. Fincher's had a nicer overall style to it (diegetic and non-diegetic sound play, beautiful cinematography (what a fucking shock), Reznor bleep bloop songsmithing)) and famous Scandos rounding out the cast, but I preferred the initial exercise, and that is largely due to Rapace's work in it.

Whatever man. I give it a "whatever man" out of "I'm tired."
      Last edited by Captain Russ; 02-06-2012, 12:20 PM.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• THE ARTIST

Excellent. Much darker in tone than I thought it was going to be, but still a very enjoyable and entertaining film. It's 'mostly' silent, and I have to give credit to the sheer brilliance of George's dream sequence where everything is in sound. It's one of the film's many highlights.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        Originally posted by Martin
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
          Picked up Rocky Balboa for 5 bucks on blu this weekend. Decent flick. Thought it was a perfect sendoff for the character. The way he just walks out of the venue without waiting to hear the results was perfect. Hated the dude from Heroes though. Boourns to him. And lulz to downtrodden Pam Beasley as Rocky's friend.
          Was pleasntly surprised. Really shouldn't have been as good. Ending got me misty.
          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Holy balls this last twilight movie is awful/hilarious.
            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
              THE ARTIST

Excellent. Much darker in tone than I thought it was going to be, but still a very enjoyable and entertaining film. It's 'mostly' silent, and I have to give credit to the sheer brilliance of George's dream sequence where everything is in sound. It's one of the film's many highlights.
              Jean Dujardin is, as usual, fantastic.

If you haven't seen OSS 117, do so! Same team, and a funnier approach to spy flicks spoofs.
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                Jean Dujardin is, as usual, fantastic.

If you haven't seen OSS 117, do so! Same team, and a funnier approach to spy flicks spoofs.
                Concurred. The OSS films are ridiculously good times.
                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Drive

Even better the second time, amazing looking blu, one of the coolest films of all time. Also, fascinating to watch as a superhero/antehero origin story, which Refn makes a case for.

Comment

• Troll Hunter.

As far as 'documentary-style' monster movies go, it's damn good.
                    sigpic
                    360: JohnnyChopsocky PSN: Stud_Beefpile

Comment

• Troll Hunter is pure bliss. So good.

Comment

• TROOOOOOOOLLL.

That movie is awesome.

Comment

• X-Men First Class- Certainly didn't expect that to be the best movie of the X-Men franchise. McAvoy & Fassbender were great. I finally see why people criticise Betty Draper's acting. And, hey, Kevin Bacon is starting to look old.

Comment

• Fuck you.

Bacon is gonna live forever.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• In my belly, bacon will find a new definition of pain and suffering, as it will be slowly digested over a thousand years..
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I thought between that and Super, Bacon had a great year of villainy. I love him in First Class and the effects they use to show his character's power are pretty great.

Comment

Working...
                                X