Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hesher - No clue what this movie was trying to be, or say. And why was Natalie Portman's character even there? Huge waste of talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
      BATTLE ROYALE- I know I'm way late to the party on this one but I really liked it. They build 'em hearty in this reality. I can't believe the number of rounds these kids would catch in the chestplate and still bounce up for one more salvo. Kitano is insane in this, too. It's too bad the subtitles on the discs (from Netflix) were AWFUL. Seriously, half the movie could be screencapped and put on Engrish.com.
      Does not bode well for me tomorrow.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
        Hesher - No clue what this movie was trying to be, or say. And why was Natalie Portman's character even there? Huge waste of talent.

I liked it, I will admit it is slightly scatterbrained as flicks go but I may be 38% gay for JGL so there's that.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• JGL is quietly becoming my favorite actor, but he seemed lost and disinterested.

Comment

• I didn't get that at all, but it's cool. It's certainly not a movie I'd fight you to the death over.

Comment

• Got Dead Alive/Braindead on BD. Watching it now, Brittany's first time seeing it.

Comment

• Yeassssss
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Been catching up with the Xmas blus I got

Captain America

You know what? Some slightly iffy effects aside, this is one of the most enjoyable films I saw last year. Just fun from top to bottom and its nice to see Joe Johnston get a budget big enough to do all the set-pieces he wants. Evans and Atwell are great (homina homina to that red dress) and Tommy Lee Jones and Stanley Tucci are essential to sell the more expository and potentially corny scenes. Well worth a second watch.

Rise of the Apes

Still the best franchise film of last year (MIGP and Fast 5 are hot on its heels) and its totally legit, even without all the whizz bang (the bridge siege is the setpiece of 2011 for me) for managing to create a group of ape characters with distinguishable, non-linguistic communication and a believable, discernible hierarchy. Again, the occasional effects shot is shown up in HD, but that does not diminish the accomplishment of WETA and Rupert Wyatt one bit. Watching the deleted scenes, you really get a feel for how much hard work Andy Serkis puts into these sorts of roles - that guy leaves all thoughts of modesty or foolishness at the door when he suits up for a role. Great work, great film.
                  I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Serkis amazing to watch in the behind the scenes stuff.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Brittany thought Dead Alive was dumb. Not how a woman gets a ring put on it.

Comment

• She does not kick ass for the lord.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                          the bridge siege is the setpiece of 2011 for me.
                          Absolutely, you're 100% right on that one, the bride siege was amazing. It's one of those scenes that makes me really grateful to have seen it on a big screen, because it's just eye-popping.
                          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• I liked the bridge scene a lot, but the best set piece is hands down the bathroom versus everyone in Bridesmaids.

The blocking for that scene must have been a pain in the ass.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncow Gus View Post
                              I liked the bridge scene a lot, but the best set piece is hands down the bathroom versus everyone in Bridesmaids.
                              Yeah, the bridge siege wasn't nearly as funny.
                              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• I was underwhelmed by Bridesmaids, I have to be honest. I actually laughed more at Horrible Bosses, but I think a lot is down to expectations.

Bridesmaids has got what it takes to be a great comedy - its just too damn long. Weig and Rudolph are a nice pairing and their banter feels genuine. Same goes for Weig's chemistry with O'Dowd. But the whole thing just goes on for a good 20-30 minutes more than it can sustain itself. I also found the bridal shop scenes and the bit when Weig wigs out and smashes the giant cookie a little too 'easy', though I'll allow Rudolph squatting in the middle of the road, waving the traffic on is damn funny.

I imagine it plays great with an audience, though. Maybe I should have seen it with an audience.
                                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Working...
                                X