Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Williams has been awesome ever since she left that fucking creek.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• She just never moves her fucking face. It's that same sad, sour kisser every time I see her. I think part of why I'm now okay with her playing Marilyn is that she actually has a different facial expression.

(And yes, I kid partially. She was pretty great in "Brokeback", although I don't think Anne Hathaway got her due.)
      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lisa View Post
        She just never moves her fucking face. It's that same sad, sour kisser every time I see her. I think part of why I'm now okay with her playing Marilyn is that she actually has a different facial expression.

(And yes, I kid partially. She was pretty great in "Brokeback", although I don't think Anne Hathaway got her due.)

Here's the thing. If you can get past the voice, she's Oscar worthy in this flick.

She carries it on her back in a way that I didn't expect. At this rate, if she keeps up the momentum...she will win in the next five years.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
          Here's the thing. If you can get past the voice, she's Oscar worthy in this flick.

She carries it on her back in a way that I didn't expect. At this rate, if she keeps up the momentum...she will win in the next five years.
          Yeah, I didn't want to nitpick, but the voice was off. But to give Williams the benefit of the doubt, you never know - how many people heard Monroe talk in a non-interview setting? The bubbly blonde voice may have been a little higher for films and public appearances. I've seen other celebrities do that.

She's got the body language down perfectly, and not just the wiggle and jiggle. Even in still photos, on the fashion blog whre I post, there was this one picture they posted of her standing still, but just getting ready to start walking (sorry, I can't explain it any better than that). Monroe had this certain gait when she started to walk that was almost swoony, a little "boozy" if you will (no joke intended) - and Williams had that in this picture. Plus it was a picture of her from behind, and you'd swear it was Marilyn. There was this other Monroe Super Fan besides myself on the site at that moment, and we both posted at the exact same time, "Holy shit, the picture of her from behind where she's walking! It's exact!" I know it sounds crazy, but I can't explain it any better than that. Until those photos were released, I wasn't convinced. I'd only seen face photos of her till that time, and the pictures just looked chalky and awful.
          Last edited by Lisa; 11-21-2011, 03:20 PM.
          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
            FUNNY FARM is a gem. I think it unfairly gets dismissed because people assume that it has the shitty Chevy Chase factor going on. Far from it, he's aces in it. AIRPLANE is a perfect film.
            Who is shitting on Funny Farm? Point them out so I can get Vin on that stat. For cereal.

Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
            Williams has been awesome ever since she left that fucking creek.
            OH NO YOU DI'INT!!
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I fuckin' did, Van der Fiveheadedmotherfucker.

She's the goods.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Glad to hear she's putting in good work though.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Double middle gifs? Thanks Rob. Now we've divided by zero. I hope you enjoy the implosion of reality.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Hahahaha, I thought about that right after I hit post but I decided to blame Rob too because I asked for my avatar to be changed and he has ignored the request.

Comment

• Le Donk and Scor-Zay-Zee

Very lightweight but fun entry from Shane Meadows, its a meta-mockumentary following two loser mates who get a chance to perform a song at Old Trafford, warming up for the Arctic Monkeys. Basically a showcase for Paddy Considine's incredible timing. Clocks in around 71 minutes and is pretty forgettable, but if its playing on TV some time give it a watch - its got some decent laughs.
                      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• "The Artist" is a fucking oddball movie. That being said, John Goodman is getting an Oscar nom.
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• They also had a trailer for "W.E." in front of The Artist and My Week with Marilyn this week.

Madonna can sure pick her pieces of shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                            "The Artist" is a fucking oddball movie. That being said, John Goodman is getting an Oscar nom.
                            I wanna see that, as I'm a huge Jean Dujardin fan.
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Oui.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• What's W.E.?

I just saw The Man From Nowhere. Pretty badass Korean crime flick, best described as a mash up of Leon and Bourne in the style of Beat Takeshi. Its not gonna win any originality awards, but its does what it does very well and I have to say the climactic standoff was bloodily satisfying. What I did not expect was that it would be followed by possibly the best one-on-one knife fight I've seen in a film. Well worth 2 hours of your time.
                                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Working...
                                X