Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been eye-ing Black Death for a while now and just couldn't pull the trigger but from what you're saying I'll probably give it a go.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
      Horror Night at Ye Olde Fornication Station.

Black Death.

Sean Bean and an absolutely shit actor from Pillars of Earth star in this medieval horror tale. Bean is Elric, a knight in service of the church, who is tasked with the mission to rid the land of the pestilence. He takes shit actor with him and they attempt to find the root of the evil blight, which it is rumored is a witch.

It begins in a rather typical fashion, but takes an extremely dark turn in the last half of the film. Somehow, they ended up giving shit actor a decent arc and Bean a fantastic last line.

Surprisingly good despite the shit actor.
      Black Death is great stuff.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Starting harry potter 7.0
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• The Mechanic - really enjoyed this remake with Statham. Was totally satisfied with everything up until the end. The ending felt a bit flat but only because I expected a bit more of a back and forth and instead got a pretty one sided ending.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
            Starting harry potter 7.0
            What a kick in the nuts that was.
            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Re-watched The Hunt for Red October, damn good movie.
              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Just finished Cropsey on Instant. Pretty tense documentary about the urban legends surrounding Willowbrook Hospital on Staten Island, and the real child abductions that occurred on Staten Island. Would definitely recommend it, especially if you have similar creepy places around your house.

Comment

• American: The Bill Hicks Story

It's on Instant and everyone owes it to themselves to carve out 90 minutes for this. If you don't feel a hint of inspiration, or a desire to expand your life and do something better then you must be dead inside. I've taken on Bill Hicks as kind of a hero since I've hit adulthood, for many reasons, so it was pretty cool seeing so much of what I see every day on the screen. Not being in LA or NYC (or even Toronto anymore) and seeing my hometown and surrounding environments being stomping grounds on screen for someone I admire deeply was fucking cool.

One moment of...I don't know how to describe it. Surrealism? Was when they showed Bill Hicks and his friends take off from Houston/Austin and go to Waco during the Branch Davidian siege. I remember being sick the day that all went down, and watching it live on TV, and it kind of ushered in the realizations of "man this world is fucked up" and little did I know that a man I would grow to respect a decade later was right outside filming it because he had figured out the same thing. I dunno, felt cool.

Comment

• 'El Aura'. I watched it a year or so ago at Tati's request (as part of the movie of the month thread) and loved it. I watched it again with the wife tonight. She dug it as well. It's a bit slow and could use a bit of tightening up, but it's worth the time.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Way Of The Gun

Just one of those movies that I was always told to watch, but it always got by me. It finally hit instant, and I'm glad it did. It might be 20 minutes and a double cross or two too many, but a tiny gem in its own right.

Comment

• Vallhalla Rising

Boring as hell. I kept waiting for the good part.
                        Why did I sit through that? Oh yeah,I was getting my toesies rubbed
                        “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.”

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                          Way Of The Gun

Just one of those movies that I was always told to watch, but it always got by me. It finally hit instant, and I'm glad it did. It might be 20 minutes and a double cross or two too many, but a tiny gem in its own right.
                          I could watch Ryan Philippe jump into the broken glass fountain over and over.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I could watch Ryan Philippe break Sarah Silverman's face over and over.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                              I could watch Ryan Philippe break Sarah Silverman's face over and over.
                              YES

Comment

• Devil.

Not as bad as The Happening (is anything as bad as The Happening?), but some of the story beats needed a little work (oh, coincidences. How you do drive a story, no?). M. Night Shamalamadingdong didn't do a bad job with this, even though you sort of know where things are going to go, especially with his usual twists at the end (seriously, dude, NOT EVERY MOVIE NEEDS A TWIST ENDING).

Worth a viewing.

Comment

Working...
                                X