No announcement yet.

NEW FORUMS - BUGS, WISHLIST, QUESTION THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not sure if I'm late to the party or not but I finally figured out how to get signatures displayed again. If you would like to see other people's sigs/update yours/etc, click on "user settings" when you access your profile at the top of the page.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Krol can't log into the site Post Boards Update. He's been trying today.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

thanks for the heads up. I just connected with him.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Sorry for the downtime. Apparently during all of the craziness lately I missed the fact that our hosting was up for renewal and wasn't set to autorenew. 200 bucks later and the forums and main sites are back up.

Comment

Hostmonster was shitting the bed across the board this afternoon. If you were unable to access the site or it was giving you bad gateway errors that is why. Still no word as to what happened to them but it affected all of the shit they host. apologies.

Comment

Anyone else having issues either copy an image gif and just pasting it into a comment like in step 1 OR getting the image link url and adding it via the image button in step 2?

Trying to suss out Matt 's issue to see if it's a permission thing or something else....

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post

weird. All I do when I'm on a computer ( this way doesn't seem to work via phone) is (1.) right click on the gif image, select "copy Image" then paste it in the comment: and if I'm on my phone (2.)I get the URL and do the image thing. See below:

1. testg.JPG

2. Phone way - Get the gif url (not all gif sites will give the proper url this way, seems to be crap shoot depending...) Click on image button and paste the link. Keep everything else as is and click ok/

test3.JPG

giphy.gif

Nothing else should have to be done. You don't need to click anything here after add any images, I never do:
              test45.JPG

FWIW I've tried this in both Chrome and Edge and seems to have work. If it still isn't working let me know and I'll check the permissions again.

Comment

Option 1 works.
                Option 2 does not work. I just get the first frame to display.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                Originally posted by Martin
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

in all browsers?

Comment

I use option 2 (used it for the Sad Redford gif from a couple of days ago) and never had any problems.

Comment

If anyone wants to try to help me see what could be causing Matt's issue, please try to embed the gif link below using the image button? I want to see if I can find a pattern or if others are running into the same issue.

1. Copy this link: https://c.tenor.com/XpM54W9iO2kAAAAM/thumbs-up-okay.gif
                      2. Click on the image button in the message tool bar. Paste the link. Click okay. It should look like it does below.
                      thumbs-up-okay.gif
                      3. Let me know what browser you used. If it doesn't work in one, please try another if you can and let me know. Really bugged that Matt is running into this and I can't replicate it.

BUT this process DOES NOT work with gifs from giphy.com Any gifs from there need you to right click, select "Image copy" and then just paste it into a message:

OR you must go to the Giphy page where the gif is located, click on the embed code, and copy it: Click here for example

Then Paste it in your response AND ALSO make sure you select HTML On - Convert Linebreaks below before submitting it: Click here for example

And in theory it will look like this:

via GIPHY

Comment

thumbs-up-okay.gif

Works for me on Google Chrome!

Comment

Thanks Tim. Glad to see it works for you. Still trying to figure out why Matt is running into issues.

Comment

welp, been two years already. Server re-up coming at the end of the month. IF anyone wants to assist feel free to donate. Paypal is braindeadradio@gmail.com or venmo at @Buff_Headcheese

Obviously no pressure as per usual. No matter what, these fucking forums will not die. But also, feel free to swing out to the discord: https://discord.gg/fK8Vv59B5b

Comment

AND WE ARE BACK. Helper Monkey is a goddamn pimp.

Comment

THANK YOU HELPER

Comment

Working...
                                X