Star Wars KOTOR MMO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
    Would you rather get the "pretentious" answer or the answer Nathan usually gets?
    How about the helpful one where you're not trying to be teh interwebz king of teh funnyz.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Wait until there is a release date. Then check the gaming sites for a few months prior. I'm sure I'll post a story from Kotaku/Joystiq that will have the requirements.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
        Wait until there is a release date. Then check the gaming sites for a few months prior. I'm sure I'll post a story from Kotaku/Joystiq that will have the requirements.
        I just hope it won't be broken like Champions apparently is. I have time to rebuild for this if it turns out well but I'm not sure if I should with MW2 coming.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

How is Champions broken? It sounds fucking great to me. Although, from what I read, you should probably plan out your superhero and villian because you cannot retcon.
          The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

How is Champions broken? It sounds fucking great to me. Although, from what I read, you should probably plan out your superhero and villian because you cannot retcon.
            Chud people are saying the mobs are way overpowered and they are having to play missions two and three levels BELOW their characters level and are still getting smashed. Maybe the Chud peeps just don't know what they're doing but they compared Champions some other shitty launches as well.

Comment

Yeah, Champions isn't balanced well at the moment according to their boards and other gaming sites.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Lame. I was actually thinking about picking that up. And DDO just went free to play with "micro" transactions. I need a good MMO to play till TOR comes out.

Comment

I dug DDO when it first came out, but I just can't do another MMO. TOR needs to be GODLIKE to get me back in. I'm actually a bit more excited for Star Trek at the moment after reading the previews.

Comment

I guess I'll have to repost my wall of text that B blah'd all over.

Comment

I guess I'll have to repost my wall of text that B blah'd all over.
                      Or Rob could not be lazy and go back ONE PAGE and read it.

Comment

Gahhhh. Freaking Office. I edited it because your nonsense. HAHAHA.
                        Last edited by nerdious dorkus; 09-10-2009, 10:29 AM.

Comment

OK info’s in regards to the PAX event on TOR:

There is cover system on the smuggler class, as CJ had stated. When you're in attack mode, there are green silhouettes that appear where you can take cover. It doesn't work exactly like Gears of War, i.e. you don't slide into it. You just run or walk up to the silhouette and press a button to take cover.

The smuggler class looks like they'll utilize light armor, so I would assume they're the rogues of the game. They have ranged and close quarter specific attacks for their class; so much like a rogue, their attacks seem quick. They said the class was modeled after Han, which is apparent, and like Han, you're going to shoot first, then run for cover. The close quarter attack was pretty awesome as it was a groin shot with a knee and then a head shot with your gun.

There was also the bounty hunter class. I think they use medium armor with different ways to attack in close quarters. A lot of stun attacks, e.g. flamethrower and some other that I just can't remember.

<OThey also showed off a high level Sith warrior and high level bounty hunter during an "instance". The game play is akin to KOTOR so the action is exactly like the predecessor but with Everquest/WoW HUDs. One thing that might turn off people is that there are moves that look like they would be the final blow but usually are not. Also, the "choices" are bounced between yourself and the other person that's playing. Two things that got me craving this game already: fucking hovering bounty hunter using his jetpack and dual wielding Sith Warrior.

The game is fully voiced, everyone (including yourself) will be voiced and there are no two NPCs that have the same voices or messages. Your choices fully determine how your game evolves. Their main focus for TOR is story as opposed to a lot of MMORPGs. The art may turn some people off, but I think it's great. It's a cross between KOTOR and the new Clone Wars movies. A lot of sharp angles on the faces. I think it works.

<OFrom what I saw, the game does indeed look like it's heavily instanced and for the time being,two player co-op, which I hope is not the case. During the above "instance", two different players were making different choices, which could affect paths, future choices, and rewards. This might or might not suck, depending on your party. But Bioware has not released info on how big your party can be and I'm not down with just playing with one other person and imagine the clusterfuck of choices if you had five or ten or fifteen people making decisions. Also, I noticed, you don't get to see the other person's info. Unless, it was taken off because they were set up on LAN or whatever.

<OFrom what I saw, I must admit, I'm fucking excited about this game. But I'm on the fence, because there's just so many questions that need to be answered. Especially, with how parties work.

Edited so that you can just glimpse over things I thought were imprtant.
                          Last edited by nerdious dorkus; 09-10-2009, 11:00 AM.

Comment

really?

Ok, maybe it's cause I'm sick and I want to kill babies, but that whole block of text turned me off a bit. Because now I just want them to make this game a single/co-op game and not a MMO.

Comment

Those are my thoughts, though. You can just check for yourself to see if you want to get excited about it or not. Some of the videos are online. Well, at least the one with the high levels.

Comment

Originally posted by B_MetalSucks View Post
                                Chud people are saying the mobs are way overpowered and they are having to play missions two and three levels BELOW their characters level and are still getting smashed. Maybe the Chud peeps just don't know what they're doing but they compared Champions some other shitty launches as well.
                                I'm one of those people saying this. It's fun, but it's frustrating to continually get zerged by overpowered, quick-spawning mobs. It's also not a solo-able game at all.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X