No announcement yet.

Red Dead Redemption II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon still hasn't delivered my copy yet because they decided to fuck our entire country, and I've been avoiding all information/videos/discussion since release (except here).. so I guess my expectations have been lowered from like a 50/10 to a 6/10, maybe that'll help me enjoy it more
    XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

I finished it last night and I wish I liked this game more. Epilogue was a nice story on its own, that I enjoyed more than the 6 previous chapters. Not having to hear Dutch talk about trusting him, just 1 more big score, and Tahiti for 6 chapters was probably part of it. I liked catching Javier singing Cielito Lindo around the campfire as well. There were a few bits like this that I enjoyed, but I found most of the main story and game systems boring, bad, or tedious, unfortunately. Character movement was typical Rockstar, didn't like it again. The world is gorgeous and I want to fuck around in it a bit but overall the game was a disappointment to me. Maybe online will be fun?

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
      I think a LOT of problems people have had would be alleviated if the default settings for control were changed. I went in and tweaked a few things and it feels like someone that had not lost their goddamn mind made the game. It doesn't change the pace or animation requirements, but it doesn't feel like I walk around in mud anymore or fight the controls.
      Yeah, people should definitely go in and change the controls. I wish this fixed all my issues with the way the movement feels in the game but it doesn't. For me, their attempt at realism has been hampering the feel of character movement since GTA IV.
      "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

I have only had time to play the two tutorial missions so far. This thread has been tempering my expectations like whoa. Sounds like all the stuff I love about Rockstar games combined with everything I LOATHE about Breath of the Wild.

Comment

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
          I have only had time to play the two tutorial missions so far. This thread has been tempering my expectations like whoa. Sounds like all the stuff I love about Rockstar games combined with everything I LOATHE about Breath of the Wild.

Oiling down your guns is WAY better than the BOTW weapon system. I've only done it once, because the game reminded me.

Comment

Breath of the Wild is shit. Fuck that game. Billy is right, the gun stuff is nowhere near as bad as the BOTW weapon system and you don't NEED to craft shit if you don't want to.

Seriously though, crafting is the worst mechanic that has been forced into games in YEARS. It's not fun, it's tedious, and it's overall just padding. FUCK YOU CRAFTING.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I got my bounties paid off last night. I robbed the living shit out of everyone and then I murder robbed every remote farm I could find on the map.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

I just got into Chapter 3 and I see where they're going.

My problem is that they went the clunkiest way to get there.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

Just got to Chapter 4. And into Saint Denis. Walking around the city at night with the gas lamps and mist is fucking incredible. The lighting in this game really shines there.

Comment

Drinking with Lenny (Lemmy! YMMEL??) was amazing, easily the highlight of this game so far. Stumbling around drunker and drunker, nearly getting into a fight which turns into the whole bar line dancing, stepping out for a first-person piss, slurring words and seeing everyone as Lenny, then finally drunkenly evading the law was a blast. Apparently everyone wakes up in hungover in different parts of the map to boot.

If only the whole game could be this fun

Comment

Originally posted by Trejo View Post
                      Drinking with Lenny (Lemmy! YMMEL??) was amazing, easily the highlight of this game so far. Stumbling around drunker and drunker, nearly getting into a fight which turns into the whole bar line dancing, stepping out for a first-person piss, slurring words and seeing everyone as Lenny, then finally drunkenly evading the law was a blast. Apparently everyone wakes up in hungover in different parts of the map to boot.

If only the whole game could be this fun
                      That was a great sequence. Wish there was more of that. I did find a serial killer mission and a Klan meeting in the woods that I tossed dynamite into killing them all. That was fun
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Yeah, this game ain´t for me. I haven´t touched it for days since I hit Valentine and fucked around a bit aimlessly. I appreciate what they are going for, but this is so not for me. With all the technical marvel and a fully realised world like I have never played around in before, the tedious parts and broken mechanics kill the essential for me. Fun.

Whats the general consensus on this so far? I hear wildly different claims.

And any word if Rockstar might listen and add something like an "Arcade Mode" or "Fun Mode" or something that is not a fucking riding and hunting simulator for people with three hands?

Comment

The general reception has been super mixed.

I feel like I can already guess the ending at this point, but I can keep going.

Comment

Yeah. Mixed I can vibe with. I don’t even know if I will play it again. Quite damning considering I have just reached Valentine and the world opened up. But soooo boring.

Comment

Meanwhile I'm slowly coming around to the game after my initial "FUCK THIS GAME" rant. I just hate that it takes at least an hour to do anything in the game. I've been having fun just fucking around with random houses I come across and robbing trains.

Comment

I'm getting used to the shitty shopping interface, and the shitty item management menus, and all the sytems for having to maintain yourself, and your horse etc. but what's really getting annoying and what my brain refuses to retain is that every time I get on my horse and then jump off to go fuck people up, all my guns except my pistol are now back on the horse even though I was carrying them earlier. Who thought this was a good idea?? Have a loadout, any extra guns should always be on your horse, and anytime you want to change your loadout do it at the horse, but LOCK THAT SHIT DOWN AFTER

Comment

Working...
                                X