PeeEss4our

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's about 12-13 GB.
    "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• I'm actually pretty interested Fil! Watching the Giant Bomb video now and FUCK CoD always scratches an itch for me.

Comment

• Code sent, Billy.
        "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• You're a bro!

Comment

• I'd like it but I want to confirm that I have the space in case other people want one.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• You haven't upgraded your drive yet? Soooo worth it!

I just downloaded BO3 and Zombi from my phone. Fuck I love 2015.

Comment

• Just received a few more Black Ops 3 beta codes so minus the one I gave Billy I now have 4 codes left to give out.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  You haven't upgraded your drive yet? Soooo worth it!
                  Not yet. Hopefully soon.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Fil View Post
                    I bought it from amazon for $80. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TKFEE5S

Started PT up and it worked so as long as you don't delete it and back it up to an external HDD, you'll be able to keep it.

What does this mean? I haven't looked into the process of upgrading my drive yet (need money) but is there something special you need to do to keep PT? It's still on my original PS4 drive and whatnot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      What does this mean? I haven't looked into the process of upgrading my drive yet (need money) but is there something special you need to do to keep PT? It's still on my original PS4 drive and whatnot.
                      You're fine. Whatever is on your HDD will transfer over. PT is sitting on mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                        There is a Back Up and Restore feature on the PS4. So whenever you're ready to upgrade the HDD in your PS4, first back up your current PS4 HDD to an external HDD using this Back Up and Restore feature. It basically transfers all the games and game save files to an external HDD. After you install the new HDD, you go in and choose the Restore option and it will restore from the back up you made on that external HDD. So basically, if you have PT on your PS4 when you do the backup, it will transfer to the external HDD, and then to your new HDD when you do the restore.

Main thing is, even if you decide you don't want to backup your PS4 games and just want to redownload everything again or use discs to reinstall, you want to at least use the backup option to save PT and your game saves. I basically did this, I deleted most of my games from my PS4 before I backed up, except PT.

Comment

• Yeah I've been sitting on this new hard drive waiting to do the transfer but not fully understanding the process

My understanding, and please correct me, is that the PS4 software backup process only backs up local save data not the games itself (PT), so you would need ANOTHER hard drive, formatted to fat32, to move the 400 something gigs of actual games(PT) off your old ps4 HD, and then after you slap the new HD into the ps4 and reinstall the system software, you'd have to connect the 3rd HD via usb with all the games to transfer back over to the system?

I thought the problem was you could not redownload PT at any point now even if you have it in your library, so just doing the save backup and slapping in a fresh HD would not allow you to get it again..

ETA: Okay so I'm half right, you CAN actually back up the games themselves through the restore function straight to the 3rd HD via usb? Just need to have that hard drive big enough to accommodate whatever is installed on the ps4 at the time. Which I don't really have. Do you think it would work to put the system software on just a small flash drive, slap in the new hard drive, install the software, take the hd out and put the original one back in, do the restore to the NEW hard drive which now has ps4 system on it, then swap the new HD back into the system with all the games ready to rock?
                          Last edited by Trejo; 08-19-2015, 01:08 PM.
                          XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• Originally posted by Trejo View Post
                            Yeah I've been sitting on this new hard drive waiting to do the transfer but not fully understanding the process

My understanding, and please correct me, is that the PS4 software backup process only backs up local save data not the games itself (PT), so you would need ANOTHER hard drive, formatted to fat32, to move the 400 something gigs of actual games(PT) off your old ps4 HD, and then after you slap the new HD into the ps4 and reinstall the system software, you'd have to connect the 3rd HD via usb with all the games to transfer back over to the system?

I thought the problem was you could not redownload PT at any point now even if you have it in your library, so just doing the save backup and slapping in a fresh HD would not allow you to get it again..

ETA: Okay so I'm half right, you CAN actually back up the games themselves through the restore function straight to the 3rd HD via usb? Just need to have that hard drive big enough to accommodate whatever is installed on the ps4 at the time. Which I don't really have. Do you think it would work to put the system software on just a small flash drive, slap in the new hard drive, install the software, take the hd out and put the original one back in, do the restore to the NEW hard drive which now has ps4 system on it, then swap the new HD back into the system with all the games ready to rock?

No, as soon as you install the new HDD into the PS4, if you put the old one back in, it will recognize it as a new drive and ask to format it. It won't boot up like it did before with all your games still there. If you don't have a big 3rd external HDD to backup to, I would delete all the games on the PS4 except for PT and back that up to a USB stick. Buy a cheap 16GB or 32GB one. PT is only 1.37 GB so that should be more than enough space for PT and you saved game files.

Comment

• Find the Eurogamer article I posted from when I did mine. Follow it step by ste. Works perfect.

Comment

• Damn guess it was too good to work. Well thanks for the heads up! Yeah guess I'll just delete everything but PT and put it on a usb, I have an 8 gig one, just thought if I can back up all games between hard drives saves lots of downloading and effort haha

Gonna be so good having all the extra storage after though
                                XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

Working...
                                X