Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slowly working through LOU2, and cannot believe Sony didn't spend the cash to have it PS5 optimized at PS5 launch. So many places where the frame rate drops well below 30, and it feels so bad when it does because the fidelity of everything is so good. I'm not in love with it, but now that I have some upgrades the stealth is pretty satisfying. I use the cut scenes to look at my phone or something and listen in the background because the story thinks it is about a million times more interesting than it is.

The game that really has shown the difference in the load times, for both new consoles, is totally the next gen NBA2K. I can tell because the previous gen took forEVER to get into a game. You had to go through menus that were loading video, then sit through sometimes a minute or two of load screens before every game, then again finishing a game. One quick game would take me like 45 minutes to play with 5 minute quarters, but now I am in and out under 30 minutes every time, and it's probably more like 25.

Comment

• I just don't get the love for LOU2. I say that as someone who never played more than the opening 45 mins and became so goddamn bored i just passed the baton to Lesley. She loved it because its one of the few games thT has the best accessibility options so she could actually complete it. But like you she was on her phone during the cut scenes because she didn't really care.

Naughty Dog peaked with Uncharted 3.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Played a bunch of Warzone last night. Its much more fun now than it was at launch.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Warzone is super fun, especially with friends that you like to laugh with.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            Naughty Dog peaked with Uncharted 3.
            They need to take all the absolute wicked shit they did with LOU2 with stealth and gore and make a new Manhunt for Rockstar.

Comment

• A new Manhunt would be fun. I absolutely loved what they did with the first one, Brian Cox, and the packed in headset.

Comment

• I want some sort of new urban decay game in that Manhunt/Condemned sort of headspace that also doesn't tell a completely braindead story.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Picked up Hitman 3 with the last of my xmas gift cards and it's more Hitman but prettier. works for me.

The new sniper mission is super fun. That's still my favorite part of the game.

Comment

• Everspace 2 looks awesome.

Comment

• That new RE 8 demo is pretty awesome. the graphical upgrades this generation are nuts. I spent most of my time just oogling the fucking walls and busts and shit.

also, tall lady is tall.

Comment

• Beating levels in Hitman 3. Finally figuring these games out a bit more. Digging it a bunch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                          That new RE 8 demo is pretty awesome. the graphical upgrades this generation are nuts. I spent most of my time just oogling the fucking walls and busts and shit.

also, tall lady is tall.
                          Legit creepy. Did not like walking into the big foyer one fucking bit. Think this has finally prodded Sarah and me to finish RE2 and RE7.

Comment

• Dude, RE7 was fucking GREAT imo. That ending is ridiculous, and the DLCs were fucking legit.

I'm still working my way through Jill's story in RE2 (I'm a Leon guy). And I just gave up on RE3 because I never liked that one originally and the remaster is about the same.

Comment

• Yeah, Sarah asked about RE3 and I told her considering we put down RE2 a year ago and haven't gone back we will never finish RE3.

Comment

• Go through part 2, it's totally worth it. At least Leon's story. Still trudging with Claire's story and then I'll just watch the "Real ending" because I hate games that make you beat them 4 times to get a real ending. Fuck off with that Japanese bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                                X