Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• giving Fallout 4 another run through, this time with all DLC. It was on sale on the xbox so I said fuck it. I need to have something take my attention away from how angry and anxious I am. What better thing than killing some raiders in the fucking wasteland.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I just downloaded New Vegas again. And the original 1 and 2. May put Tactics on after these.

4 just doesn't do much as far as a story or character goes and it's sad that they've sought fit to turn it into a Sims Shooter instead of focusing on the quest writing and factoring in player choice in any really meaningful way.

I'll never play 76 because it is based around ideas that are inherently antithetical to the experience I look for in these games.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Overwatch, Warzone, & Fortnite. All bc of the Halloween themed stuff.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
          I just downloaded New Vegas again. And the original 1 and 2. May put Tactics on after these.

4 just doesn't do much as far as a story or character goes and it's sad that they've sought fit to turn it into a Sims Shooter instead of focusing on the quest writing and factoring in player choice in any really meaningful way.

I'll never play 76 because it is based around ideas that are inherently antithetical to the experience I look for in these games.
          1 and 2 are the shit but I can't play them anymore. They desperately need a remaster or some QoL fixes. Tactics sucked IMO.

I will never enjoy New Vegas if only because it's so ugly to look at. I can't get past that unfortunately. I've tried multiple times on multiple systems and just can't do it which sucks because I know it's supposed to be brilliant.

4 isn't the worst thing that people make it out to be but I completely understand the hate for it. I'm having fun right now if only because I can focus on this instead of other things.

FO76 is actually pretty neat Russ, especially now. The added factions, NPCs, quests and shit are great but the world is just as much fun to wander around in. I will never be a fan of the crafting shit though. It's free on GamePass and I'd install it again if anyone wants to play.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• The QOL changes to Vegas are all community made, but I understand if the base game isn't your jam. It takes about an hour every time I restart that thing to get everything up and running to my liking.

It's unfortunate they're STILL using that busted jalopy of an engine to this day. That said, you're missing out on one of the most enjoyable sets of DLC they ever produced.

As for 76, it just colored the whole thing in an extremely poor light for me. The bad side of gaming was all over that production and the taint of it will not wash for me. If they'd bite the fucking bullet and use a stable engine and not be cynical and transparent cashgrabbing shitpeople and get back to what the core of the revamped first person incarnation started out as, I'd buy a Fallout game again.

But the problem is that none of that is going to happen and I should be happy they didn't nuke it all coming right out of the gate and I can still mod the hell out of their past productions without issue.

We haven't had real Fallout in years, and it's a shame, because it can and will print money EVEN AFTER the absolute fiasco that was 76.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• And I'll avoid Tactics then. I was just going through the bulk buy of the past and it was in there alongside the other two.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• RB6 Siege has been added to gamepass. I still suck at this game but would love to get better at it. It seems so awesome.

Comment

• I've tried a few times, and it's SO good but also the people that have been playing a fucking god tier and I have no chance at being even decent at it.

Comment

• I’ve been finally digging into Horizon Zero Dawn to keep me from starting Spider-Man over again before PS5. It’s a lot of fun. The inventory management isn’t terrible once you upgrade your pouch a couple times and crafting ammo is super-easy. I like it.

Comment

• Popping off in RB6.

Comment

• Played RB6 most of the weekend. Getting better at it.

Picked up the latest version of Project Zomboid because Ceej said I should. I need to stop listening to Ceej.

Comment

• My 15 yo son(the middle one) and I won a duos of warzone this weekend and I shit you not it's the most glorious I've felt playing games in quite some time. We actually got a good bit of kills and killed the last 4 teams for the win on our own. I shit you not, probably the most proud I've felt playing any kind of multi in a long time, especially with it being crossplay with Xberx and PC.

ETA: I shit you not. :-)
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Comment

• I shit you not. LOL

Comment

• Enjoying the shit out of RB6 this go around but their Halloween stuff kinda sucks. Oh well, back to normal game.

Comment

Working...
                                X