Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was like you for most of the From games with inventory management, but I think Sekiro has broken me of the usual habits. I throw confetti like Rip Taylor.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I tried fighting a headless 5-6 times now without confetti and I feel like the game is basically forcing me to break this rule, I do zero damage, build up terror way too fast/often to win by attrition and getting hit at any point is 50% health loss
      XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• the grind is real in MK11 but I don't give a shit because I'm having fun fighting dudes and shit.

The story is ridiculous BUT AWESOME if you're a fan of MK. I'm loving it so far.

I do wish they wouldn't have gone even further with the consumables and shit like they did in Injustice 2. At least in I2 it wasn't so fucking confusing. So far it's not a huge deal because I've only put in a few hours so far but it's more confusing to figure out what is what and why you need it as opposed to how I just took Harley Quinn in I2 and leveled her all the way up with no problems.

I know that Boon and company are getting raked over the coals on this shit and hopefully they fix the drop rates and whatnot as at the moment I'm just hoarding my koins until a patch.

Either way, as a fighting game it's the shit. Characters are awesome, moves are great, and balance seems good (not counting the tower nonsense that is HARD AS BALLS and much more so than the multiverse in I2)
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Wake me when there’s another Timekillers game.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• AHHAHAH. TERRIBLE.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Almost done with the story in MK 11. Shit is fucking great so far. SO GOOD AND NERDY.

Also, one of Johnny Cage's new fatalities is the best thing in the series and it's not the one they showed in the trailer. So great. In fact most of the fatalities in this are amazing.

I just want to go home and play it. Fighting games ARE MY JAM.

Comment

• You know what you should fight?

THE GODDAMN HORSE BOSS AND KILL HIM.

luh you

Comment

• I'm getting closer... I wish I could skip him and try something else but I can't find a different path anywhere. I am terrible at this game yet I do still enjoy it.

Comment

• There is at least one other boss you could go to, with several mini bosses along the way in the Hirata Estates. If you don't have that area unlocked to fast travel (should also be a usable buddha statue in the main base temple by the sculptor), you missed some stuff. Getting the extra prayer beads from clearing out that area will help you level health and posture which should help with My Little Bronie
                    Last edited by Trejo; 04-25-2019, 04:42 PM.

Comment

• Haven't leveled up once in that game yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                        Haven't leveled up once in that game yet.
                        Oh yeah dude, I would say absolutely go to Hirata and clear out as much of that as you can first, there are 2 mini bosses, enough to level up your stats since you've already cleared to horse in Ashina, also some more prosthetic tools and probably a bunch of extra skill points. You need to buy skill Mikiri Counter first and foremost it's probably the most vital of all the trees, for the remainder of the game you'll use it constantly. You could also try to beat story boss of this area but I found it a much tougher fight than the horse .

That should give you a big leg up anyway, if you haven't already find the merchant up on a high cliff near where the cannon guy is shooting you in ashina outskirts and buy the firecracker tool, get it on your arm and use that to stun horse for extra time to attack it. And always be blocking, it refills your posture faster if you keep blocking without being hit (opposite of Souls stamina) and all you need to do is quickly tap block as you're getting attacked to try and hit some deflections, you should regular block everything else this way. Helps for survival until you get the deflect timing down on his attacks. Be aggressive. Grapple and attack when the green icon comes up. You got em

(If you don't have that hirata area yet, find the dying son and his old mom also right by the cannon section and do their short little questline, you get a bell)
                        Last edited by Trejo; 04-25-2019, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• Beat MK 11 (at least the story mode) and dug it a bunch. They got rid of the stupid QTE from the last one and made it much more fun. Also beat a bunch of character endings as well. Love it so far.

Also grabbed Days Gone on the PS4. Fuck the reviews. I'm digging this a bunch so far. The world is pretty great, good sound design, and it handles well. Having fun taking out freaker camps and sneaking around Oregon. Yeah it's nothing new but it's fun. Plays like The Last of Us meets World War Z with way less cutscenes which means way more gameplay.

Comment

• First true boss in Sekiro that I beat on my first try, feels good man. Helps that its recycled from an earlier boss but the second phase is a big enough change that I earned this
                            S my D, dude

Comment

• The swarms in Days Gone are awesome and scarrryyyyyyy. I also pimped my bike out with bigfoot decals and pink paint. Striking fear into the roving gangs is my goal
                              Lol

Comment

• I picked up Watch Dogs 2 again. No idea why. I just ran around for like 30 minutes and did a few new missions that had been added. Gimme part 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X