Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the game open up at some point? It all feels so small to me still.
    It feels like FF13 where I'm just running down "hallways" for the most part.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Like 2-3 hour mark you get to the Lake of the Nine and it opens the fuck up big time. There's so much shit to find and do. I came across a quest early with a fucking RIDICULOUS legendary talisman and after upgrading nothing else compares. When you get favors from the blacksmiths do those immediately. And BOOOOOY will often say "want to go exploring?" or something similar, and that's a good nudge towards go knock out the side quests you have.

MAKE SURE YOU FIND THE DEW DROPS AROUND THE LAKE. PERMANENT STAT BOOSTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
        Kratos is changing. This game is fucking rad.
        Originally posted by BillyG View Post
        Like 2-3 hour mark you get to the Lake of the Nine and it opens the fuck up big time. There's so much shit to find and do. I came across a quest early with a fucking RIDICULOUS legendary talisman and after upgrading nothing else compares. When you get favors from the blacksmiths do those immediately. And BOOOOOY will often say "want to go exploring?" or something similar, and that's a good nudge towards go knock out the side quests you have.

MAKE SURE YOU FIND THE DEW DROPS AROUND THE LAKE. PERMANENT STAT BOOSTS.
        Yeah, I may have to take a sick day or two coming up so I can just play God of War. Seriously it's damn near flawless. Combat is crisp if you get the rhythm down, the story is really good, all of those unspoken moments with Kratos hit hard, and the attention to detail is insane. Like when you move the camera up and down watch Kratos' head, it moves in the appropriate direction too.

And Sweet Baby Jesus the water animation is un-FUCKING-believeable.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I absolutely love the skill where you throw the axe, then aim and recall it with heavy attack and the camera pans below Kratos while he jumps into the air and comes crashing down with the axe right when it hits his palm.

Comment

• So that defiled dungeon can go tell it walking.

The Amygdala fight was ridiculous. Wasted too many insight summoning a couple of the rubes in to help. Decided to do it myself after continually getting trounced. Ended up playing the waiting game and didn’t even expend a single blood vial. WHAT TOOK ME SO LONG TO HAVE THAT RUN?

Whoever designed that boss in particular should be slapped around a bit with a bag of horseshoes.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
              Boy. BOY! Boy..... BOYYYY! boy.

JASON???

DAD???

JAAAAAASOOON?
              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Exactly.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Ah shit, it’s like that, is it?
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                    Ah shit, it’s like that, is it?
                    Not really no. It's funny, but Kratos is a bad dad. When he actually uses the kids name it's shocking, because it's the most emotion you get out of him.

Comment

• The father son shit just isn't working for me in this capacity.

Comment

• I thought Last of Us was the only game that did a parent/kid dynamic well at all (obviously just a dynamic, not actual father/daughter there) and this does it so much better. Atreus is useful as hell and you're not shoving him around on 25 pallets in water.

Last night I got to a point where his teenage angst kicked in and I thought Kratos was going to slap his shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                          The father son shit just isn't working for me in this capacity.
                          That's because you don't feel human emotions Rob.
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Finished the God of War campaign. That final reveal has me so fucking hype for a second.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                              Not really no. It's funny, but Kratos is a bad dad. When he actually uses the kids name it's shocking, because it's the most emotion you get out of him.
                              I was hoping he’d be more like Bat Dad.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I really need to play God more but I'm still having more fun in FC5

Comment

Working...
                                X