Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well maybe I'll join another game to see if I have fun with it.

Spent a bunch of time this weekend with A Way Out and it really is one amazing couch co-op game. Also started Halo Wars 2. Pretty fun so far. Game Pass is neat. Also started replaying Ninja Gaiden Black. Hoooboy. This shit was hard back in the day and even more so now with the slightly antiquated control scheme.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Is Halo Wars 2 multiplayer? I picked that up a while back but haven't played it yet.
      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• it is indeed!
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          Well maybe I'll join another game to see if I have fun with it.

Spent a bunch of time this weekend with A Way Out and it really is one amazing couch co-op game. Also started Halo Wars 2. Pretty fun so far. Game Pass is neat. Also started replaying Ninja Gaiden Black. Hoooboy. This shit was hard back in the day and even more so now with the slightly antiquated control scheme.
          I played A Way Out this weekend as well. Cool co-op game. Nice and short, finished it in about 5 or 6 hours.
          "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Maaaan, my copy of Far Cry 5 shipped a WEEK ago but I still won't get it until tomorrow. I'm not a shipping logistics guy but when something gets dropped off, it should just keep moving until it gets to the destination.

Comment

• Fucking steel books man

Comment

• Originally posted by Fil View Post
                I played A Way Out this weekend as well. Cool co-op game. Nice and short, finished it in about 5 or 6 hours.
                Yeah we beat it last night. I want more games like this and less open world shit.

Comment

• really digging Halo Wars 2 atm. I like that this is the first RTS I've played with boss battles. That's pretty neat. It handles well on a controller too. Digging the story as well. Game Pass is paying off so far.

Comment

• Far Cry 5 is either really easy or it's just fun to shoot the shit out of rednecks from an attack helicopter.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                      Far Cry 5 is either really easy or it's just fun to shoot the shit out of rednecks from an attack helicopter.
                      I am really enjoying it, but it seems WAY more difficult than the previous Far Cry games. I think I could count on one hand the combined deaths I had in 3 and 4, but this one has handed my ass to me at least a dozen times so far. Those VIP cultists fucking suck. If you don't get them with an explosive early then it feels like a guaranteed death. And any reinforcements is reason to be terrified because it could be 5 riflemen, or 3 rocket launcher guys, or some armored guys. And the "hunting squads" sent after you suuuuuuuck.

I reaaaaaaaaally like how they've finally ditched the tower bullshit, and finding things to do feel much more natural. Talking to people, finding maps, reading road signs. It feels way less cluttered. And I really enjoy the world so far. It looks great.

Oh and, the story definitely seems disappointing, so I get some of the reviews being a bit down. It's like, you're stopping the religious preppers to hand everything back to the regular preppers. It feels very nihilist when they could have done something interesting with a cult in the US. But the only difference between the NPCs and the cult is that the cult is kidnapping people so far.
                      Last edited by BillyG; 03-28-2018, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• I get where UbiSoft was coming from on how to handle the cult. Apparently, they had an early build where the material was a little too close to Ruby Ridge and they legally had to back off it.

That being said, I've died maybe 6 times and half of that was due to me not realizing how low my health was.

Also, I'd love to know the full soundtrack of the game. It's a pleasure to hear Foghat in the car, but the audio is mixed so low.
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Yeah, I was definitely surprised by the soundtrack. CCR goes well with mowing people down in a huge truck.

Comment

• Played some co-op Far Cry 5 last night. It's kind of weird if you're trying to actually complete quests. Only the person who made the game gets to keep their mission progress, but the other player keeps the cash, reputation gains, etc. And my friend opened co-op and immediately wanted to jump in so it was odd since he didn't understand any of the systems yet. I think if you're not actually trying to work on anything and just want to kill shit it would be way better.

I did watch a bear rush a gas tank and blow himself and 20 cultists up though. It was rad.

Comment

• Finished TOMB RAIDER and started RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER last night. So much fun.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Nice. Still need to finish Rise.

Comment

Working...
                                X