Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally down for some Rec Room, will add the BDR, never seem to catch you online
    XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• Believe we're added. I saw a request from you today.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
        That's cross play, right? I think I downloaded it on PS4 last time you mentioned it but never tried it out.
        yep! and it's free!
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• MONHUNWORLD OWWWWWWWWWNS

Comment

• yeah, digging it pretty hard at the moment. Just killed that big flame spewing t-rex thing and about to go fight that dragon or whatever.

I love that Chanandler Bong can now talk to creatures and make them fight with me. Had an amazing fight last night where I was fucking up that flame t-rex and he ran away up into a tree. Followed him up and was fucking him up when all of a sudden a giant dragon thing got pissed that we were in his territory and he started fucking up the t-rex. Straight grabbed him with his talons, flew up in the air with him, and body slammed him into the ground. Then I was able to jump off a ledge on to the t-rex, stab the fucker in the head continously, then blew his ass up with my explosion gun.

Comment

• I almost called in sick to play MonHunWorld today.

Comment

• Just played a bit with Ceej. This game is pretty fun with other people.

Comment

• I JUST WANT TO GO HOME AND PLAY MONSTER HUNTER. TODAY IS NEVERENDING AND THE WORST.

Comment

• Game's that good though?
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Fuck yeah.

Comment

• Put it in a nutshell for me. I know nothing of it at all. I know it looks pretty but that's it.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• There's no nutshell for the game. It's dense as hell. Go check out the Gaijinhunter youtube page. He's the best and does a good job explaining it.

Comment

• The easiest way to describe it is pseudo-Adult-Pokemon.

You are a hunter who can use 14 different types of weapons (that can each be leveled up and modded as you see fit) and you hunt monsters. You have to find them, track them, kill them all while under a time limit (for missions). When you kill a monster you skin em and steal loot from them (which you then use to craft new armor/weapons/etc..) all to do it again.

Each monster has it's own AI and you'll constantly be amazed at how alive the world feels because these monsters all have their own food chain they follow. You'll see bigger fucks eating smaller fucks and if you're in a battle with a monster there is a chance a bigger monster will swoop in and start fucking shit up.

Basically, it's a loop of : Track monster,kill monster,craft new weapons/armor, rinse, repeat

Comment

• And combat is similar to Dark Souls...but not quite. But it's the closest comparison.

Comment

• yep, that's a perfect description. It's a lot more forgiving than DS but you still need to pay attention to all of the tells of the monster AI so you don't fucking die.

Comment

Working...
                                X