Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In VR it is the goddamn shit. I'm now looking at some HOTAS setups.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• You are lost for all of remaining time.

Comment

• Super Mario Odyssey is pretty awesome, you guys.

Comment

• yeah it is. Love that game.

Grabbed F13 on Steam for 20 bucks. Love they added offline. Now I can just stalk bots to my heart's content.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Kids are getting that tomorrow, as for now Fortnite is actually not terrible, once you realize how important that building is to combat AND end game it really opens up so many possibilities. No victory royale's as this game calls it but still getting better at it.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• House of the dying sun in VR is legit. Not as polished as Elite but way more arcade like and fun

Comment

• The music in the forest level of Mario Odyssey is maybe the best Mario music ever. I could listen to it all day.

Comment

• How you enjoying your switch?

Comment

• Can't wait to crack open this Oculus.. literally been waiting years for this, since the damn Kickstarter
                    XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• you haven't used it yet? get on that shit man. And for reals, grab Superhot VR, Rec Room, Echo Arena, Robo Recall. Most of those are free. Also, opt into the Oculas Beta so you can play around in your own personal VR room.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                        How you enjoying your switch?
                        It's really cool. I was worried the controllers would be too small for my caveman hands but it's very comfortable. The screen great and the whole thing seems very versatile. I booted up Doom on my TV and it seemed like there might be some scaling issues so I want to try it on the handheld. The battery life in portable mode doesn't seem great. Maybe it uses a lot of power even in sleep mode?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                          you haven't used it yet? get on that shit man. And for reals, grab Superhot VR, Rec Room, Echo Arena, Robo Recall. Most of those are free. Also, opt into the Oculas Beta so you can play around in your own personal VR room.
                          I opened that mid afternoon as a super secret hidden present from my wife, after years of hearing me talk about it she went out and got me one and hid it way past our gift exchange. But then we had to get cleaned up and go across town for her fams Xmas thing and we got back super late so hadn't had a chance to even set it up.

Played some robo recall and bullet train, sooooo Soo so so fucking rad. SO FUCKIN RAD. Have Accounting and Rec Room downloading, also compiling a list of sale games to buy on steam right now, so far have Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, Job Simulator, Gorn, Superhot and I expect you to Die in there, not really into space sims but saw Elite is $10 right now so might get it anyway.. what else am I missing
                          XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                            It's really cool. I was worried the controllers would be too small for my caveman hands but it's very comfortable. The screen great and the whole thing seems very versatile. I booted up Doom on my TV and it seemed like there might be some scaling issues so I want to try it on the handheld. The battery life in portable mode doesn't seem great. Maybe it uses a lot of power even in sleep mode?
                            In portable I get 3-5 hours depending on the game. Definitely not great. Make sure you get a pro controller ASAP.

Comment

• NEW. DONK. CITY.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trejo View Post
                                I opened that mid afternoon as a super secret hidden present from my wife, after years of hearing me talk about it she went out and got me one and hid it way past our gift exchange. But then we had to get cleaned up and go across town for her fams Xmas thing and we got back super late so hadn't had a chance to even set it up.

Played some robo recall and bullet train, sooooo Soo so so fucking rad. SO FUCKIN RAD. Have Accounting and Rec Room downloading, also compiling a list of sale games to buy on steam right now, so far have Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, Job Simulator, Gorn, Superhot and I expect you to Die in there, not really into space sims but saw Elite is $10 right now so might get it anyway.. what else am I missing
                                If possible, buy your games thorugh the Oculus store. Some Steam bought games (even those that are made for the oculus) can run a bit crappy via SteamVR.

That being said Elite Dangerous is the goddamn SHIT BUUUUUUTTTTTT hard as balls and a ton of downtime. If you want more of an arcadey space shooter, grab House of the Dying Sun. Climb was 10 bucks yesterday and is pretty fun. I mostly play Superhot VR and Elite lately. Also check out Dispatch. Neat little virtual movie thing with multiple episodes. Costs like 3 bucks or something for all episodes. I thought it was really neat. Tilt Brush is a blast if you want to fuck around with VR art.

Comment

Working...
                                X