Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm at level 11. Played a trio of Reapers, and goddamn we got wasted.

DIE, DIE DIE!

But, later on, as a turret Bastion was holding a point behind a Reinhart shield, I went behind their back on a ledge as Tracer, jumped right by Bastion, dropped that sticky bomb, and rewinded back to the ledge. Play of the game, and my team secured that plaza after that!

fucking LOVE this game. I can play 15-20 minutes, play 1-2 games, and be happy.
    Last edited by Martin; 07-05-2016, 10:20 AM.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Anything I need to know about the new Doom game? Just downloaded it and will be playing it in the next couple days or weeks, if I can stop playing Uncharted multi for a bit. How long is the game?
      "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Fil View Post
        Anything I need to know about the new Doom game? Just downloaded it and will be playing it in the next couple days or weeks, if I can stop playing Uncharted multi for a bit. How long is the game?
        According to Steam I played it for 6 hours. I would think it's actually more like 8. Depends on how deep you go looking for secrets. Otherwise, just enjoy. It's amazing.

Comment

• Not bad, wouldn't take long to finish it.
          "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Rockstar announced The Warriors on PS2 on PS4 today. Grabbed it since I never played it back in the day. Not what I expected at all! Figured it was just a brawler, but there's a LOT going on in that game. Multiple characters. Tagging. Break-ins. Robbing cars and mugging people. Giving kind of basic strategy orders to your fellow Warriors. Fairly open world.

Also, RDR goes backwards compatible Friday. So I will be playing that again this weekend.

Comment

• Witcher: Blood and Wine. Beat this today. That's some damn content. I sat down and mainlined the main story today, and it took me 8 hours. That's not counting the time I had already put in. So I'd guess the main story is somewhere around 10 hours, maybe 12. I did a handful of side quests that just required me to stop on the way to the main story stuff, but maybe that added an hour total today. There's probably 20 side quests in my log to go back and complete, and there's at least 3 villages with sign posts with more quests.

Now to discuss the ending, which is great, and a perfect send off to Geralt.

Spoiler: Blood and Wine Spoils 
              I do not think Return of the King suffered from too many endings. But holy gotdamn does Blood and Wine have A LOT OF ENDINGS. You get the twist, which COULD end it there. But the Dutchess won't have it. Sending you into another prolonged sequence, which is awesome. Hundreds of vampires storming a city? Fuck yeah. Plus a branching path, which makes me really want to see how it could go. From that point the game still has about five hours left. The scene with the dutchess and her sister in the gazebo? Fuck. If you're reading this you want to get spoiled, so yeah. A hairpin to the neck and then a crossbow to the throat? BRUTAL. Then a long series of sequences wrapping up the characters, and really a big death analogy for the end of Geralt's adventures. Which honestly bummed me out, because I love the character. And then...CIRI! She shows up at your vineyard, and you have some really nice moments with her, and tell her "hey, we don't have to be on the road. Stay here. live happy. Be free." Great stuff.

Cibele: The small game made my Nina Freeman (she works at Fullbright, who's making Tacoma right now). Originally was a college project, and she fleshed it out and made a very good personal story. It took me right at an hour to finish it. It's about meeting a boy playing an MMO, and teenage feelings being a mess, and losing your virginity, and it's really damn good. It's not mechanics heavy at all, but if you liked Her Story or Gone Home you'll probably like this. It really hit close to home for me, and I know I had the exact same conversations in like 2000-2002 with a few girls, once that I ended up in a thing with for a pretty long time.

Comment

• Evolve just went F2P on Steam, and should be on consoles later today. Seems like a smart move, it always looked like a good F2P concept. Going to download and check it out.

Armello - Super cool board/strategy game. Today is the last day it's $8 on PS4 and I totally recommend it. Going to dump time into this one.

Comment

• consoles you still have to pay according to the press release I read.

How does The Warriors play on the PS4? Like an older game or no?
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I'm hesitant on Armello because I heard the computer isn't much fun to play against. Is it couch co-op?

Just grabbed god of war 3 remastered for 8 bucks. My original PS3 died while I was playing the second level of that game so I never finished it.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• No idea if Armello is couch co-op, since I never play like that.

Warriors is super cool, but yeah, it totally feels like a PS2 game. Super weird control scheme, insane camera. It feels its age, but there are some incredible ideas in there.

Evolve downloading on Steam now if yall wanna try that over the weekend.

RDR TOMORROW.

Comment

• just read it's not couch co-op. bummer.

Comment

• Downloaded X-Com last month for free and just started playing it. It's freaking fantastic! Why hasn't anyone here ever mentioned this great game?
                          Last edited by Ari; 07-07-2016, 03:27 PM.
                          Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                          John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• *RAGEINTENSIFYING*

Comment

• I lost two members when a car blew up on my second mission and I was actually kinda sad about it.
                              Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                              John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari View Post
                                I lost two members when a car blew up on my second mission and I was actually kinda sad about it.
                                DONT YOU EVER FUCKING LET ME DIE AGAIN YOU BASTARD.

Comment

Working...
                                X