Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firewatch - The story did not land for me. AT ALL. But I still enjoyed it.

I am like 25 on The Division? I only played for a bit last night, but yes it is WAY better with friends. This weekend we must venture into the dark zone!

I tried to go back to MGSV like a month ago, and I was so lost. I like totally forgot how to play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post

Tried picking up my game in MGSV last night and made it like 3 mins before I was bored. I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing now and it's annoying.
      I never made it out of the first part.
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Finished Firewatch and, yeah, I'm not sure it stuck the landing. I really enjoyed the experience (except for the incessant stuttering on PS4) but I didn't care for how things were left with Henry and Delilah.
          Spoiler:  
        It felt like it was leading to something that fell apart at the end. Maybe it was my responses that caused it or maybe that was the point. I'll probably replay it at some point to see if it changes at all.

The resolution to the mystery was good, though. Pretty sad, though. Maybe Ned WAS a creep but it didn't really seem like it based on the evidence in his camp.

Comment

• The destination is pretty much set grave. It's just a matter of how you get there. It's a bit of why I felt disappointed in the ending. Coming from The Walking Dead guys I expected a big evolution in story telling in games, and a lot of choice and obvious effect in where the story went.

Comment

• BUT GAMES ARE ART
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
              BUT GAMES ARE ART
              It's not a bad game. Or even a bad story. Just not what I expected. And honestly, this game is absolutely a piece of art. It stopped me dead in my tracks several times to just soak it all in. And outside of the final 30 minutes or so I think the story was pitch perfect.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                The destination is pretty much set grave. It's just a matter of how you get there. It's a bit of why I felt disappointed in the ending. Coming from The Walking Dead guys I expected a big evolution in story telling in games, and a lot of choice and obvious effect in where the story went.
                Well, that's a bummer. After the cave I was trying to guide the story in the direction I felt was true but the responses from Delilah were very erratic. It was at that point I worried maybe my choices didn't really affect much at all.

It's still quite worthwhile but I guess it falls victim to the "oh crap, we need to finish this thing up" curse that plagues the last quarter of so many games.

Comment

• I think they had a very set story they wanted to tell, but gave you the option of "who you are" to get there. Are you sappy and in love? Angry? Lonely? Etc. Which is noble...just not what I expected.

Comment

• Quick question on The Division, Twitchy fast like COD or can old people play it too?
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Old people. Not COD. It's primarily a cover based shooter.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Yeah, total 3rd person cover shooter.

The Last Man Brigade is tough. I went from thinking AI was terrible to realizing that they're making the AI equal to the enemies you're fighting. And The Divission has made me super excited for that new Ghost Recon drug running game.

Comment

• Totes may pick up The Division then.
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Took a breather from Bloodborne while I powered through and finished Far Cry Primal, came back with renewed sense of purpose and decided to go after Darkbeast Paarl after dying twice on it without ever hitting it once

First attempt was leagues better than I did before, stayed alive longer than 20 seconds, dodged some attacks, hit it like twice! Which just fueled my fire, this fucker is not invincible. Died to a crazy explosion attack I'd never lived long enough to see it do before

Second attempt I switched up weapons and strategies, and absolutely destroyed that mother fucker. Like, didn't even have to heal in the fight, not sure if I even got hit; I took a video after I killed him that I need to review, but it was the best performance I've had against any boss in this game hands down, against a boss I previously thought was untouchable

FUCKING LOVE THIS GAME
                            XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• Baller

Comment

• Hit level 15 in the Division this morning. Digging it still. Working on my crafting and pimping my base out

Comment

Working...
                                X