This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet!
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      I thought Infinite was mediocre as fuck as a game but beautiful to look at. One of the most overhyped games of last year.
      You're mediocre as fuck.

#buttmad
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I can't argue that point.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• You should give it another chance. The story is bretty gud/ballsy/not a shitty cash-in sequel.

When the dimensional tears begin to go full tilt, your sci-fi wired brain should be interested.

And if it isn't, then I don't know you or where you've taken Rob, but you should return him here forthwith.
          Last edited by Captain Russ; 01-28-2014, 02:36 PM.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I plan on it this weekend. It wasn't horrible, but like the first Bioshock I never understood the praise heaped on it.

Comment

• By the end, you should understand. Even if just a bit. I'll be the first to say the gameplay isn't the best thing, but the gameplay as an extension of the story and how it informs aspects of the world (handymen and their origins, the clandestine working class uprising/subjugation, Songbird, etc.) is pretty inspired. You don't see that attention to detail in the majority of other FPS games.

If nothing else, at least it isn't "roll face across button pad to dodge boulder" mechanics.
              Last edited by Captain Russ; 01-28-2014, 02:42 PM.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I will watch a stream of this and complain along with it if you do one.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

I plan on it this weekend. It wasn't horrible, but like the first Bioshock I never understood the praise heaped on it.
                  beautiful well written games that are ambitious but mediocre as all get out shooting/combat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                    You should give it another chance. The story is bretty gud/ballsy/not a shitty cash-in sequel.

When the dimensional tears begin to go full tilt, your sci-fi wired brain should be interested.

And if it isn't, then I don't know you or where you've taken Rob, but you should return him here forthwith.
                    That's it. The story was so fucking great. It's generic shooter with an amazing story.

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                    I plan on it this weekend. It wasn't horrible, but like the first Bioshock I never understood the praise heaped on it.
                    First was ok, but old timers will remember the amazing piece of awesomeness called System Shock.

Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                    By the end, you should understand. Even if just a bit. I'll be the first to say the gameplay isn't the best thing, but the gameplay as an extension of the story and how it informs aspects of the world (handymen and their origins, the clandestine working class uprising/subjugation, Songbird, etc.) is pretty inspired. You don't see that attention to detail in the majority of other FPS games.

If nothing else, at least it isn't "roll face across button pad to dodge boulder" mechanics.
                    World-building was part of the story for me. Columbia felt so alive because of all those details. That ending combined to this elevates the game above the others.
                    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I loved System Shock 1 and 2 and Bioshock didn't come close. Like above, it was a well written game that played so MEH. Whereas SS1 and 2 did it both. They were pioneers. Bioshock and (what I've played of) Infinite aren't. Especially the first. The game was brilliant up to the the golf club scene and then fucked it all up. I hope Infinite doesn't shit the bed in the same way...

Comment

• I'll be that guy. Never got the Bioshock love. Never finished the first game. Just not for me.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

I loved System Shock 1 and 2 and Bioshock didn't come close. Like above, it was a well written game that played so MEH. Whereas SS1 and 2 did it both. They were pioneers. Bioshock and (what I've played of) Infinite aren't. Especially the first. The game was brilliant up to the the golf club scene and then fucked it all up. I hope Infinite doesn't shit the bed in the same way...
                          Cool.

I get then why you see it that way. But I'm a gamer that love to be immersed in a world and a good story, I thus liked Bioshock despite the fact that it's a diluted System Shock. It's not geeat, but it's fun and moody, and competently made.

Same goes for Infinite, but I liked the Immersion and story much more. Had the gameplay been better, it would have been as masterpiece, but I still rated it as one of the best story for videogame ever.

And Billy, the ending holds it own. I like it.

So, I'm at 97% of The Last of Us, and so far, it's a masterpiece. Like, it's a "if-you-say-it-sucks-you're-a-moron" type of great.

Once this is done, it's Dishonored time.
                          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• The ending to Last of Us is an ending. While everyone was skeeting over Infinite's ending Last of Us was showing how it should be done.

Comment

• Still on the fence if I enjoyed that ending or not. I understand why it's great, but it didn't satiate me.

Comment

Still on the fence if I enjoyed that ending or not. I understand why it's great, but it didn't satiate me.
                                Kinda the same for me. Maybe needs a replay.
                                Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                                Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                                POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X