This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
    Someone buy Lollipop Chainsaw and tell me if it's shit.
    No purchase necessary.

It's shit.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• BUT GUISE IT'S SUDA SO IT'S HIP, EDGY, AND CRAZY COOL.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
        Why did they make that a game?

It's like they want us to die with lives unlived.
        This is how America dies. One. More. Turn.

Comment

Been in the mood for racing since NFS: Most Wanted at E3. Decided to bust out Midnight Club LA. I loved it when it came out, but for some reason I didn't put as much time into it as I wanted to, not sure what the reason was. Think I was on a crazy project at the time.

But yeah, this is just a weird game. The customization remains the most fun of any racing game. I put my shitty starting VW on 20" Daytons, 4" drop, bright green with neons. Love it. Criterion does an amazing job capturing the sense of speed when racing, but I think MC: LA does so as well. What it also does that I don't think any other racer has done right is capture the sense of violence when behind the wheel. When you rumble off the line, or lose your sight lines going through hard corners or hitting NOS. All that shit is amazing, but it's weird because how disorienting it can be. Ballsy move by Rockstar doing that. The other thing that is weird is the weight distribution. I had totally forgot about that. I don't even know how to properly use it, I keep flipping over.

The other weird thing is how it was released 4 years ago, but feels out of time. It still looks amazing. If it came out today it would stack up against any other racer. But the lingo and slang used comes from like 1999. And the insane Sidekick integration is HILARIOUS. And Best Buys on the corners. And the old original iPod ads sprinkled around. It all feels like NFS: Underground from like 2002.

But yeah, this game is still amazing. I can't wait to get home and play more.
          I've been wanting to grab another racing game. Recommended, then?
          "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
          *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Yeah man, for sure. And I bet you can snag the complete edition for dirt cheap now. The only problem is how much RAGE you can take. So many times I am just killing it in a race only to get crazy tunnel vision and smash head first into a pole or oncoming traffic and fuck it 20 minutes spent on a series race. Still, SOOOO GOOD.

Comment

• Racing...reminds me, my brother had his PlayStation 1 hooked up a few.months ago and we played JET MOTO on it. That's still one of the most entertaining racing games ever.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              Originally posted by Martin
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• There was a Jet Moto arcade cabinet. So much fun.

Comment

• Sim City Social on Facebook. FML.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

This is how America dies. One. More. Turn.
                    I've learned my lesson.

No good shall come from it.

And Rob? Get out now. What the fuck, man?
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• IT'S SIM CITY MAN!

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
                        IT'S SIM CITY MAN!
                        No. It's not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
                          IT'S SIM CITY MAN!
                          Alright Randy, just know you opened this can of shitworms.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Rain Slick 3 is fucking awesome. Get it on Steam for $5 and get Breath of Death VII and Cthulu Saves The World for free.

Comment

• Bioshock on 360.

I had it on PC years ago, but lost it.

So good. And will make me wait for Infinite...
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Walking Dead Episode 2. Right off the bat you're forced to make tough choices. For a game that's relatively light on action it sure is stressful. I was worried about having a different creative team on each episode would create inconsistencies in quality but it's just as good as episode 1 so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X