X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
    Describe this hell. I must know.

KANEDA, WHAT DO YOU SEE?
    I saw death. It came quickly and without notice. I am now playing 2K12 (amazing). I can't take the blood pressure spike right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
      Played about 20 mins of some game called Mold Buttplugic before it completely crashed my system. Cinematics/Dialog are fucking OMGZ
      So pumped for this!!
      <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
        I saw death. It came quickly and without notice. I am now playing 2K12 (amazing). I can't take the blood pressure spike right now.

2K12 is so insanely good that it makes up for that pretty low-rent Borderlands.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• 2K12 is mind blowing. I went through the first couple tutorials last night, and I feel like a god. I don't know why it took so long to include something like that. I played one quick game and it's so fluid. Absolutely love it.

I played Rage about an hour, I definitely dig it, but I want to see if ANOTHER driver comes out in the next couple days to address the tearing issues. I get none of the texture problems, but lord the tearing is really distracting when it happens. Today's Penny Arcade is hilarious. That is EXACTLY what happens in the first five minutes.

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• At the final boss of Dead Space 2. fuck that, I might have to go back to an earlier save and redo that last stage and keep that Contact Beam instead of the Line Gun.
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

haha, he is fat AND happy! What's in his eyes? Can you buy things like implants a la Deus Ex?

Comment

• He's a cyborg and an option you get is random cybernetics.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                    2K12 is so insanely good that it makes up for that pretty low-rent Borderlands.
                    2K12 is a basketball/sports game, yes? What makes it good say, compared with a football game or what have you? I have never once felt compelled to play a sports simulator. I played John Madden football on the SNES when "Hey let's all play video games this afternoon" turned into an all sports-game bonanza. What makes it fun?

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      At the final boss of Dead Space 2. fuck that, I might have to go back to an earlier save and redo that last stage and keep that Contact Beam instead of the Line Gun.
                      Stasis and the secondary fire should help clear the little monsters out of the way. Then put the secondary fire right into the marker's butthole. Repeat a couple of times, and you are King Shit of Fuck Mountain.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

He's a cyborg and an option you get is random cybernetics.
                        Do they do anything or is it just skinning/trim to make your guy look cool?

Comment

• Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
                          Stasis and the secondary fire should help clear the little monsters out of the way. Then put the secondary fire right into the marker's butthole. Repeat a couple of times, and you are King Shit of Fuck Mountain.
                          Wait, the line gun grenade works on the Marker?
                          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            2K12 is a basketball/sports game, yes? What makes it good say, compared with a football game or what have you? I have never once felt compelled to play a sports simulator. I played John Madden football on the SNES when "Hey let's all play video games this afternoon" turned into an all sports-game bonanza. What makes it fun?
                            Well I think for sims you need to be somewhat a fan of the sport first. But secondly, 2K12 does it right. Madden has been half assed for years. Horrible commentary, shit animation, "improvements" that you can't even notice, just not good.

The NBA 2K team tears the game down each year, and makes big changes. This year the animation and control is just phenomenal. They added in all the Legends stuff, which is just great. Ultimately though, unless you're a fan it won't make a big difference it will just be "eh sports."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

It is the best handling sports game ever made. The previous incarnation 2K11 held that crown until now. The creative teams changed last year with the release of 2K11 and it became this weird sort of fan appreciative beast.

The Legends mode is stellar, as you get to revisit bygone eras to play as past superstars. For example, if you play as Larry Bird...you get a fuzzy video filter like an old NBA broadcast. The icons and text change that to that blocky 80s style. Floor formats change, designs change and the players reflect the period. The stuff with Wilt and Kareem was amazing. If you play in the 60s, the game goes black and white and the TV screen reflects an old bulb tube TV.

That's just one part of the game. The rest is a free-standing game. An agency play that actually allows you to go through everything a first year player does. You earn a paycheck, you get fined and you get pushed into donating to charity.

Player matching over LIVE is well-developed that Microsoft should make other publishers adapt it. There's no drop-up, you have real-time player updates and a full field of tools at your disposal. Everything is setup to be custom-edited like you were playing on a PC.
                              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                                Today's Penny Arcade is hilarious. That is EXACTLY what happens in the first five minutes.
                                What makes it better is that John Goodman is the guy walking you through it.

Comment

Working...
                                X