Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am building a new PC so that I can play Skyrim at max settings. I am pathetic. I have never played ANY of the elder scrolls games, but I am going to go back in time and get Oblivion and play that too.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:

Starcraft 1 multiplayer - there are a TON of people who still do ladders and multi-player with this game. I recently bought the battlechest as the price on all of them is down to $20.00 each here (so I also picked up the Warcraft III one).

Dungeons and Dragons online - it's WoW+++, and free to play. The dungeons are fantastic and freaking hard to get through, they have solo dungeons as well. Tons of content, using the 4.0 D&D rules.
    Last edited by Mike; 10-02-2011, 12:14 PM.
    <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• You should skip Oblivion and play Morrowind. It's not as pretty but the world is a million times more interesting. Oblivion definitely has its charms, but it is a much lesser game. And don't feel bad, I built a new rig to play Skyrim at max settings too.

Just checked my bank account, NBA2K12 and Dark Souls it is! Now I need to pause time so I have time for Rage and those two before Batman in a few weeks.

Comment

• Do the elder scrolls games all tie together like Mass Effect? or does it matter if I don't play Oblivion?

Comment

• You'll be doing yourself a favor by not playing Oblivion. Because Oblivion, beyond one memorable quest line, is fucking horrible.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
            Do the elder scrolls games all tie together like Mass Effect? or does it matter if I don't play Oblivion?
            Well there are calls back to other series, but each game has its own storyline, characters, world, etc. It's not a continual story like Mass Effect.

Comment

• Cyrodill is a pretty bland place. Oblivion gates make it even more so.

I'd wait for Skyrim.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I ate Subway today. I also got a 30oz drink. So now I'm playing Uncharted 3's competitive multiplayer until the full game releases in a month.

No, seriously.

And you don't even need to buy the whole sandwich. Just get the drink. The drink is the only item with the 7-digit code that can unlock the multiplayer. The other item codes unlock other shit like multiplayer skins (there are Subway hats and shirts and a five-dollar footlong taunt I shit you not) and give you a chance at the full game for free and trips and shit.
                sigpic
                360: JohnnyChopsocky PSN: Stud_Beefpile

Comment

• haha, who would have thunk Subway was healthy AND entertaining??!

Ok, so I have OCD about certain things. One of those things is being a completist when it comes to something that catches my interest. I can't just play a game, I have to acquire everything that is related to said game, including previous games in the franchise, strategy guides, etc. So naturally I went out and bought Oblivion: Game of the Year edition in advance of SkyRim coming out. It was $20.00 and came with the game plus two expansion/DLC packs.

I. Am weak.

Looking for Morrowind and Daggerfall now. I actually have Morrowind for the original X-Box, but I never played it past character creation :/

Comment

• Just grab Morrowind GOTY from Steam. It's dirt cheap. Then play it, skip Oblivion.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                      Just grab Morrowind GOTY from Steam. It's dirt cheap. Then play it, skip Oblivion.

I can't skip it. My OCD compels me to at least try it. But good tip on the Steam suggestion!! I may already own it, I have to go back into my account and figure out if somewhere along the way I picked it up.

QUESTION FOR RHERB: for the Magic TG Online game thingy from Steam, how do expansion packs work? Do you need to regulary feed the game money to get new/better cards? ALSO ALSO I have two MTG: Commander boxed sets for you and Ceej to test-drive if you are interested. Shoot me a PM with a mailing address and I will ship them out!

Comment

• Pretty sure Magic on Steam is a couple bucks per expansion. You can see all the prices on Steampowered.com.

Comment

• Anyone else dumb enough to be buying Dark Souls, apparently pyromancer is the way to go.

Comment

• Good to know.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Apparently their fireball is super powerful against the bosses.

Comment

• will be playing the beta of a new MMO that is coming out soon that rhymes with MOLD BUTTPLUGIC.
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X