Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish I still had my copy of Undying.

I really wanna play that right now.

Instead, I'm trying to make it through Dat Witcher Too. I think once I jumped to a different game the anticipatory feelings were quickly washed away regarding Geralt's latest outing. It has been somewhat difficult to get back into the driver's seat.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I started the grind to 100% in LA Noire. Still have 40 film cans and maybe 40 cars. Some of these canisters are in annoying spots.

Comment

• My favorite was the one in the gazebo in the middle of the pond in Wilshire.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Master Shake View Post
          Holy shit, Shadows Of The Damned.

It's my kind of fucking crazy. There's demons and gore and tits and grindhouse homages and Evil Dead tributes and fish demons that poop and run away whenever you show up and drinking and drinking and drinking and shooting and your main gun is called the Boner and it's also a skull that talks to you with a british accent. Also dick jokes abound.

The gameplay is ancient by today's standards (it seems stuck in the world of RE4, but now with strafing), but the writing is hilarious and the soundtrack is fucking fantastic.

So far, this game is pushing all the right buttons for me.
          Picked this up last night on a whim. What the fuck....I can't tell if it's fun or not.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Also picked up Ocarina for the 3ds last night. Pretty fucking nice. The updated graphics definitely help. The 3d stuff is pretty nice if not hectic some times.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Felt like getting some good old fashioned horror gamin' going last night.

I'd already taken down Alan Wake so many times that I decided to change it up and go to the very back of the libarry holdings.

It was down to a couple FBS (Intentional jab there...clever as FUCK, I am.):

F.E.A.R. and Condemned 2: Buttshots.

I ended up tossing the latter of the two in the old eggbox after much deliberation and I am surprised at how impressive the whole presentation remains five years on.

The sound design is superb.

To steal a riff from Oswalt, it's like a Pixies song, where it will stay incredibly quiet as you chug along and the tension will build and then BULLSHIT SCARY KID or BANG BANG FUCK I'M DEAD.

Out of fucking nowhere.

I love that it keeps you on your toes the whole time with that sort of balance.

I'm enjoying it more than I expected and kick myself for not sticking with it until now. Just a few more hours until the sun goes down and I can resume play...
              Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-27-2011, 12:23 PM.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
                Picked this up last night on a whim. What the fuck....I can't tell if it's fun or not.
                Played some more last night. Still can't figure out if I'm having fun or not. I mean, this game is begging me to love it, but it's a fucking Suda 51 joint so it's weird for the sake of being weird. IT's also kind of frustrating.

Comment

• I should snag Condemned 2 some day. The first one was the only 360 launch title (or launch window, I just remember it was super early) that impressed me at all, but I never finished it as it was lost to the ex.

Comment

• That one just straight up pissed me off the first time around.

But I think that was more due to my unfamiliarity and downright ineptitude with FPS melee stuff.

I'd like to think Oblivion, Fallout Lou Bega, and that vertigo-simulator Mirror's Edge have cured me of this affliction.

After I'm done with FEAR, that's next on the list.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• anyone here play either of 'The Witcher' games? Are they worth the effort?
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Played some more last night. Still can't figure out if I'm having fun or not. I mean, this game is begging me to love it, but it's a fucking Suda 51 joint so it's weird for the sake of being weird. IT's also kind of frustrating.
                        I want this game so bad, but no way am I spending more than $30 on a Suda 51 production. As you said, they're INSANE but frustrating as fuck. Did that No More Heroes PS3 version ever come out even? Been waiting on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                          I want this game so bad, but no way am I spending more than $30 on a Suda 51 production. As you said, they're INSANE but frustrating as fuck. Did that No More Heroes PS3 version ever come out even? Been waiting on it.
                          Yeah, I should have grabbed Fear 3 I think.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            anyone here play either of 'The Witcher' games? Are they worth the effort?
                            Billy's a bigger fan than I, but I can tell you the first one takes a long time to get going (the swamp is a place where heroes go to die), but the second drops you right in the middle of the action and is much more streamlined combat-wise (which you will undoubtedly have hang-ups about) and with a much greater variety in environments and quests.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Yeah, I should have grabbed Fear 3 I think.....
                              Heard that was a massive poop pile, actually.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                                Billy's a bigger fan than I, but I can tell you the first one takes a long time to get going (the swamp is a place where heroes go to die), but the second drops you right in the middle of the action and is much more streamlined combat-wise (which you will undoubtedly have hang-ups about) and with a much greater variety in environments and quests.
                                I'm kinda looking for something to follow up Dragon Age Origins/II with, and this looks to scratch the same kind of gameplay itch. Do I need to play the first game in order to 'get' the second one?
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X