Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up Crysis 2 on Billy's word, bout to go play now as it's done installing. Will report back later.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      Did you actually think it was going to be good?

And no Matt, it's a Smash TV type game with the GB name.

It looked like ass from the first screenshots posted.
      I vaguely remember the arcade game from waaaaaaaay back in the day being the same sort of thing.

*gif of Aslan in the rain*
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Ok, so far Crysis 2 is really good. First achievement is lulz worthy and once you unlock both stealth and armor it picks up. Haven't tried multi yet so no word on that, but single play is pretty fun so far. And as far as the visuals go? Holy shit does the environment look nice. Some character models are kind of shitty but Enemy soldier #458 doesn't really need to look that great does he?
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Really digging Crysis 2 as well. I did have one bad glitch, my game save froze after fighting off the copter at the lab (no big spoiler), so I wouldn't make that your stopping point, there is another checkpoint just a minute away. If you go back to play from a certain area you don't start with your weapons, you get a shit pistol and shotgun.

Even on the 360 this game looks pretty fucking great. Kind of gives me hope for BF3 on the 360 with DICE talking about having a "new streaming tech" they will be using. Character models are indeed REALLY weird. Some of the soldiers look fucking good, then you'll see two characters talking and they look like ass. Corporal Squarehead McBoxshoulders in particular.

EDIT: Josh, I didn't join your party because of that game save freezing my 360 over and over. MULTI!?

Comment

• Agreed on all of the above. Only weird glitch I had was when the enemies froze in an awkward position. It looked like they had their assault rifles in one hand shoving them up their ass's. I should have took a picture but I was to busy shitting and pissing myself with laughter. And no multi yet. Maybe tonight.

Comment

• I also had an odd glitch (repeatedly) in that same lab section when enemies were rappelling down the skylight, and would hit the "ground" but it would actually be a foot or two in the air and they would kind of shutter around before actually landing. Regardless, fun as hell. Loving all the multi-paths and different ways to approach every situation.

Comment

• So do I need to buy this?
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• If you just want a really good campaign? Sure. If you want the multi experience too, I'd hold off until B and I can play some on live. I have my concerns there.

Comment

• Is the campaign like Halo or more like COD?
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I'd say neither. Your suit has the different abilities that change it up from most other FPS. Example:

You exit a rooftop and see an open area. Open visor and scope out ammo dumps, tag enemies, find tactical areas to flank or things to use (dropping a massive donut on a patrol? priceless). Then decide how to equip your weapon. When you pick up weapons with different attachments they automatically become available to you from then on. So you can have the SCARAB with a silencer for example, and go slow and smart if you're in a zone that has machine gun nests or massive enemies. So turn on your stealth, and sneak around picking guys off.

Or, mark your targets, find the grenade dump, turn on super armor, start dumping on fools.

B - get the sniper rifle yet? SO SATISFYING

EDIT: Also when you kill aliens you collect "currency" and can buy custom upgrades to your suit. Better armor, slower energy degradation, fast energy regen, etc.

Comment

• fuck. I may have to grab this. I HAVE SO MANY GAMES TO FINISH STILL.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                          I'd say neither. Your suit has the different abilities that change it up from most other FPS. Example:

You exit a rooftop and see an open area. Open visor and scope out ammo dumps, tag enemies, find tactical areas to flank or things to use (dropping a massive donut on a patrol? priceless). Then decide how to equip your weapon. When you pick up weapons with different attachments they automatically become available to you from then on. So you can have the SCARAB with a silencer for example, and go slow and smart if you're in a zone that has machine gun nests or massive enemies. So turn on your stealth, and sneak around picking guys off.

Or, mark your targets, find the grenade dump, turn on super armor, start dumping on fools.

B - get the sniper rifle yet? SO SATISFYING

EDIT: Also when you kill aliens you collect "currency" and can buy custom upgrades to your suit. Better armor, slower energy degradation, fast energy regen, etc.
                          Got the sniper, loved it, then put the reflex optic on it during close quarters for shit's and giggles. LOVED IT MOAR I'd say this game is like one third Halo(aliens and what not), one third splinter cell(being sneaky is rewarded), one third it's own fucking animal.

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                          fuck. I may have to grab this. I HAVE SO MANY GAMES TO FINISH STILL.
                          Single play is really fun but yeah, wait till we've plowed through a bit of multi, just in case it sucks, then you could just rent this. If multi is even remotely fun? MUST BUY

Comment

• My ONLY concern about multi is stealth. It seems to last just long enough to be annoying.

Comment

• Could be, we'll try it out this weekend.

Comment

• Well, shit, you have convinced me on Crysis 2. I've played some of the multiplayer demo, so I have a feel for how that plays. I just wasn't sure about the campaign.
                                "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Working...
                                X