Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lesley, Ari, and myself all became pirate legends this weekend. Having a blast playing this game now that Lesley is in to it. Chapter 2 of the new adventure hits on Thursday. Cannot wait.

I'm almost at max level for the three main factions now and we've been fishing a ton to hit 50 in the hunter factions. Lesley and I both already finished this seasons 100 levels in like a week lol. Fastest I've ever completed a season in 2 years.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Beat Cyberpunk last night (1 of the 8 endings) and man it was depressing as fuck. Like it legit made me spiral for a bit.

The ending I got was:

Spoiler: END GAME SPOILERS, SERIOUSLY GO PLAY THIS INSTEAD IT IS AWESOME 
      I decided to hit Arasaka with Panam and the Aldecaldos and told Johnny to butt out. We made it in and I jacked Alt into the Mirikashi or whatever and was given a choice: Go back into my body where I will definitely die within 6 months due to the damage that Silverhand's engram did OR follow Alt into cyberspace and see what is out there and give my body to Silverhand since he would be able to live again. At first I said I wanted to live even for 6 months
      but then the gravity of my real world situation hit and
        Spoiler: MORE END GAME SHIT  
      I put myself into Lesley's shoes. I'm gonna die a terrible death with no recourse and I'm currently given a chance to move on peacefully with not knowing what is out there while at the same time giving someone else a chance to fix their mistakes and so I told Johnny to have fun in my body....and I "killed" myself and went into cyberspace

Cut to the epilogue where
        Spoiler: END GAME SHIT SERIOUSLY GO PLAY THIS GAME IT IS GREAT 
      Johnny seems to have realized he was given a second chance but ends up riding a bus out out of town with out knowing where he's going....like wtf man.
      and then over the end credits
        Spoiler: SPOILERS FOR REALS 
      everyone I bonded with and helped out were leaving me voicemails and were annoyed I "ghosted" them but Panam knew what happened and basically said she is gonna hunt me/Silverhand down and rip V out of cyberspace and fix shit

Hoping the DLC addresses this but I'm also now checking out the other endings to see what the deal is. Either way, that fucking ending shredded me last night and I had to excuse myself to the bathroom to have a silentless angry cry session to get it out of my system. It obviously wouldn't have affected me the way it did if it wasn't for the situation I'm in, but goddamn man. Such a nihilistic ending and one that I chose.

Fucking LOVED this game so much and I'm totally gonna do a fresh playthrough once I 100% this go around. Since I now know the level caps, I'm going to focus primarily on 1-2 skill sets and max those.

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Sold Rob.

SOLD.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Yeah I dunno why everyone shit on this game not counting the bugs at launch, but I had a bunch of fun with this. I think people were expecting this to be the second coming of the RPG where all other RPGs were nothing (and the devs were at fault as well) but that's on them.

I got a super fun Shadowrun-esque FPS/RPG where I made my dude a full on street samurai, had some memorable missions, filler missions, and a fun world to run around in.

for 30 bucks it was perfect. Could this game have been better? Sure, all games could but in no way was this the dumpster fire that people made it out to be at least a year after it came out and that last update was great. Can't speak to the PC version, but it ran almost flawlessly on my Series X with a few audio bugs.mission bugs that were fixed with loading a quicksave (of which the game does super frequently). At most I lost like 5 mins of a mission due to a bug but that's about it.

That being said, this game was the game that made me temper all expectations going forward for ALL games. I'll be excited for a game, but I'm no longer letting myself be on board the hype train.

Comment

• Yeah, I try not to get hyped for games anymore.

Went back to Horizon Forbidden West after I finished Elden Ring. Finished off the trophies for the game so now that's complete.

Been hanging outside a few endgame boss rooms in Elden Ring, leaving my co-op summon sign and helping randoms do the boss fights. That's been fun. Interesting seeing other people's builds as well. Anyone need any help with a boss I'm down to help, I'm on PS5 (or PS4), no crossplay with Elden Ring unfortunately.

"With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Ari, Lesley and I completed the new adventure in Sea of Thieves last night. Was pretty fun. The story reveals they are building to are awesome for the lore.

We also finished another tall tale, got a bunch of new commendations, and then before we crashed Ari was fishing to up his Hunter's guild points and caught some fish bones. Never saw that in the game before (and we've been fishing since the beginning) and it's super rare and got us the Hunter of Treacherous Loot achievement and commendation. Was awesome.

Comment

• The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk on gamepass is kind of awesome. A turn-based rpg built like someone is narrating you and your friends playing DnD game. Fun artstyle, in depth gameplay, and a silly script makes this pretty great. Recommend it.

Comment

• Shit I used to listen to that 20 years ago as an audio tale in mp3. Interested!
                  BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I'm digging it. It's fun. Didn't know it was based on a previous property.

Comment

• Lesley and I had fun on the sea this weekend. 100%'d all of the PotC tall tales so we can cross those off. Also 100% the burning tides tall tale to get the awesome ashen curse.

Ari continues to be one of the best dressed pirates and I am doing my best Han Soloesque cosplay:

Then last night Lesley and I finished putting Davy Jones back in his locker when we were attacked by an NPC Skelly Sloop. The game figured that wasn't enough shit to deal with so then a storm rolled in AND a Meg hit us. I got the Meg to attack the pirate ship, let it take it down and then we took down the Meg. So much loot was had.

Comment

• I fucking love Sea of Thieves so goddamn much.

Comment

• I am in the Haligtree. I beat Loretta (again). I have not finished the Ashen capital, so I need to do that too.

Adjusted my build. Big fucking hammer. Bleed on it. Enough int to use Flame Grant Me Strength, and a Heal over time. Finish acquiring the bell bearings. Kind of prepping for NG+.

Comment

• Ari and I hopped on to a galleon with my brother and his friend last night for what was probably the most silly fun I've had in Sea yet. We found a low level reaper chilling (name of Beardo) and when we went to go say hi (in our bright pink party ship I decorated) he ran. So we chased him. Finally got to him and killed him. Over and over and over. Then we realized he wasn't scuttling his ship. So we started role playing with him and he did the same. Ended up setting his boat on fire with fireworks getting a crazy hard commendment I've been trying to get for weeks, a ton of achievements by shooting ourselves from our boat to his boat, etc...

We then got into a fight with a skelly galleon while Beardo just slept in his bed ON HIS BOAT. We took the gally down and took all the loot and gave it to Beardo. He kept saying shit like "Let me go in to the eternal slumber" to which, once he laid down (and his screen goes black) we all circled around him and danced while Ari straddled his face.

He came back to the game like 10 minutes later completely surprised, we were all laughing, and he said something like "This doesn't happen in Skyrim, I should go back to Skyrim". We laughed and showed him all of the loot he could keep.

We jumped back on our ship but Beardo wasn't setting sail with the loot. Instead he was getting drunk and puking all over his boat. We decided to see if we could sink his ship just by throwing water from our buckets on to it. We could. However, while we were doing that we failed to miss a single hole in our boat and it sunk. Beardo was laughing and pointing at our boat as it sank so we decided to adopt him and his boat. We took off towards the Ashen Winds to fight a boss but he fell off the boat drunk in a storm at one point. We kept going and found the island with the boss. Since we had to stay alive (if we died we'd get transported to a completely different island with OUR boat instead of Beardo's) we all went on the island on foot (usually do these from the safety of our ship with cannons) and proceeded to fuck that boss up. TON of loot fell. This whole time Beardo was no where in sight BUT his ship was still parked which means he was A: still on the server and B:was not on a ship

We loaded up all of the loot on Beardo's ship and sent him messages that he should mermaid back to his ship and everything is his. We even brought it to an outpost for him. After waiting like 10 mins with no response, we took all of the loot, turned it in, leveled up, and logged off for the night. IT was a blast. We will tell tales of the Legend of Beardo for years to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                              I am in the Haligtree. I beat Loretta (again). I have not finished the Ashen capital, so I need to do that too.

Adjusted my build. Big fucking hammer. Bleed on it. Enough int to use Flame Grant Me Strength, and a Heal over time. Finish acquiring the bell bearings. Kind of prepping for NG+.
                              Enjoy the Haligtree, After you roll credits you get the option to go into NG+ or go back to your current game. You'll be able to go to NG+ from the roundtable whenever you want if you go back to your current game. Make sure to stock up on everything you want inventory wise, especially all smithing stones, even though you have all the bell bearings, they won't be unlocked in the Twin Maiden Husks store to purchase in NG+.

I started a new game on the PS4 version of Elden Ring on my PS5. Beat Radahn, seems the nerf was hard on him. Trying to help others co-op bosses when I get to them, see how they are in co-op. Tried to do it on my PS5 character after I finished the game, but I think my level is too high for earlier bosses other than the endgame ones like Malenia, Maliketh and the Ashen Capital bosses.

"With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Wait, you can't use the Twin Husks in NG+?! That seems crazy to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X