This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    Why don't they fit anymore? If you can play 3 hours of Forza you could probably squeeze in an hour of Persona? Especially with the rest mode. It's a life saver.
    Because if I want to watch any TV, listen to a podcast, etc it comes while I am playing a game. Narrative heavy games are basically impossible for me to enjoy anymore if I want to try and do anything else.

Comment

• Why can't you listen to a podcast when you're working? I thought you weren't in 10 hour meetings anymore? Not gonna lie that sounds miserable to not being able to just do one thing at a time instead of cramming everything together.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• It's horribly miserable. It's why I really don't watch much tv at all, and why I barely pay attention to what I do watch. I haven't read a book in like 2 years.

And we don't start our new schedule until the new year, but Tues/Weds/Thurs I will still have about 4 hours of meetings a day minimum. Monday and Friday are my only "quiet days" but those will probably still end up with a lot of internal working meetings. I am going to be talking to the bosses a bit more about after this project moving to much more of a task and not client facing role. I already talked to a company about moving to a role that will have me meeting with clients, but it will be like talk to them for an hour or two about a specific issue or new thing they want, then go work on it. So like...maybe face to face for 10 hours a week, as opposed to 5-10 hours not in calls.

Comment

• jesus man. Sorry bro. I figured you were just being "MR SECOND SCREEN" like Ceej is. I hope you can figure out a better system. I just want you to play Persona....it's soooo good and this is from someone who hates JRPGs.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Yeah, I could do that pretty easy with the old job. Hell, with the old job after I got done with my software implementation I just sat here playing games and work WAS the second screen. My long term goal is to go to an end user where my life is more like that, because the being on calls with client all day is not for me at fucking all. With the new schedule I will have a minimum 18 hours of a meetings a week, so in reality it's going to be 25 when you add in the 'working sessions.'

Comment

• Playing a bunch of Magic lately and streaming it with Ceej. A bunch of fun.

Comment

• Playing RE Village and I got to the point that Dimitrescu is chasing me through the castle. It was acting weird, where she wouldn't leave a room and I needed to get into that room to progress and get the next puzzle piece. I looked up a walkthrough trying to figure out what I should be doing, and it seems like I did something out of order. So I spent like 90 minutes trying to get her to patrol somewhere else so that I can progress. Pain in the ass.

Comment

• weird, didn't run into that issue. Still the easiest RE game in the whole series imo. Gonna have to replay it here soon I think. RE7 spooks me too much lol.

Comment

• I tried playing RE7 like 5 times and it honestly fucking scared me too much. I can watch whatever movies, but scary games absolutely fuck me up.

Comment

• Now try it in VR. I played about 40% of that game in VR and it was LEGIT the scariest shit ever.

Comment

• Naw, fuck that. I knew I wouldn't manage that shit.

Got Dimetriscu to start to patrol right. Down in the village again.

Comment

• Got to the fucking doll forest and was like well, I think I will take a break and not play this late at night.

Comment

• Hahaha. What's coming up is my favorite part of the game.

Comment

• At the Heiseinberg boss fight in RE Village.

Toyed with Golftopia some. Might be the Simgolf replacement I've wanted, except it's a lot of future/sci-fi designs.

Comment

• How great was the house scene with the dolls? When that
                                  Spoiler: spoilers 
                                giant aborted baby screamed at me
                                for the first time, I nearly shit myself.

The Heisenberg fight is easy as balls. You're almost done.

Played a bunch of Persona 5. Almost broke my television. I totally forgot that like 3 days pass from finding the treasure, to sending the calling card, to actually having the boss fights so after spending 10 hours getting to the end it promptly slapped me in the dick, killed me, then said "would you like to start a week earlier?" because I went past the time limit.

I was bout to go fucking postal. Calmed down, and promptly re played like 4 hours of shit but with my new knowledge ended up leveling up much smarter, had 3 days to spare, and kicked the shit out of the boss.

Even with that nonsense I still really fucking enjoy this game and I will never make that mistake again.

Played a bunch of Halo this weekend. Since Infinite is having a ton of issues with connections and the like, we decided to play the MCC. Pink Team rode again and promptly remembered how much more fun those games were even if they were slower, less cool looking, etc.

Forgot you can't run in Halo 3, and forgot that the loadouts that everyone loves just turns this fucking game into COD. It's why I actually like Infinite,. You want a good gun, go get a good gun. Everyone starts on even level.

Played mostly Halo 3. Anytime we got into a Halo 4 game were went like 0-100 everytime.

Also started the Halo:Reach campaign again. Man, this game is still fucking awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X