Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I plan on playing through Forgotten City while on vacation. Just laying up on the couch marinating with game pass. I am at the point of wishing I had a Series S as well so I can have one in the living room for when Sarah is busy and I can play in there. Some games are still fine on the One X but others chug hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington
      That Matrix Awakens tech demo is fucking magical nonsense. Like holy shit. My jaw was on the floor during it. Unreal is fucking unreal.
      Man, it's stupidly impressive.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I cannot wait to play The Gunk.

I am about done with Halo I think? I got the Wasp so I am flying around and finished all the FOB's and high value targets plus cores and armories. I have like 20 extra cores after upgrading EVERYTHING. At this point all I have left is mainlining the story I think,

Comment

• Definitely in the final moments of Halo. Cortana is now joining the story again.

Comment

• Record of Lodoss War is fucking AWESOME. Like an upgraded Symphony of the Night. Has some real fun puzzle and combat mechanics. On GamePass. Highly, highly recommend it.

Restarted Persona 5 as I was stuck on a boss like a year ago and when I tried to replay the game I had no idea what was going on. My goal is to beat this game finally by the end of January.

Got back in to MK11 hard this weekend for whatever reason. Spent a bunch of time going through the Krypt to unlock shit for my characters. with the X/S update this game runs even better than it did before and it ran awesome before. Everything is now 60FPS (the fighting always was, but the xray moves were 30 which was always a bit jarring). Still one of the best fighting games to hit in the last 20 years. Just so goddamn polished. Here's hoping MK12 continues that trend.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
              I cannot wait to play The Gunk.

I am about done with Halo I think? I got the Wasp so I am flying around and finished all the FOB's and high value targets plus cores and armories. I have like 20 extra cores after upgrading EVERYTHING. At this point all I have left is mainlining the story I think,
              I was reading there are things that won't show up when you take a FOB so now I'm treasure hunting lol. I don't want this to end as I have too much fun spidermanning it all over the map.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Halo - Finished it. Ending is kind of nonsense. And it's typical Halo corridor shooting shit. You even do a run in win now run out again segment like with the Flood in the original.

Gunk - Played like 2 hours. I read it's only 5 hours, so will try to finish it.

Death's Door - Finally going back to this. I have totally forgotten the mechanics, so trying to remember and hopefully don't fuck myself. Still really good.

Alan Wake Remastered - Sarah loves Twin Peaks. Like her favorite TV show ever. I wanted something for us to do together rather than just sitting through TV shows I don't give a fuck about, so i grabbed this because it's like $22 on Xbox right now. It feels fucking OLD in a lot of ways, but at least you can switch to a slightly more modern control configuration. Still creepy as fuck though. I put it on easy and we are cruising through.

RE Village - Half off. Will probably play this once we beat Alan Wake.

Forgotten City - I want to try and beat this. Maybe even tomorrow? Apparently it's 5 hours.

Comment

• Alan Wake is amazing. I just hate they didn't do HDR for the remaster. Like IT IS MADE FOR THAT IT IS SO DARK. But seriously, the story b eats in that game are some of my favorite but yeah, the controls are wonky as fuck.

RE Village is fan-fucking-tastic and doesn't overstay it's welcome EXCEPT for a level near the end. Otherwise fun as shit and some great set pieces.

Gunk was lame and overhyped.

Comment

• Dude, I thought the same. I was like...the lighting doesn't look like what I expect especially considering how amazing HDR and ray tracing are in Control.

Comment

• it's the only thing holding me back from paying for it. Both Lesley and I have already beaten it, and I know it looks better, but IT NEEDS HDR at the very least. After I read it wouldn't have that shit I passed on it at launch. Once it hits like 10 bucks before AW2 drops I'll grab it. I still have it digitally and on disc from the 360 days

Comment

• still going strong in MK11 waiting for Ari or Ceej to man up and play me. I want to show off my cooooool costumes now.

Comment

• Grabbed a few things on Steam sale.

Mundaun - apparently awesome Swedish horror game. Apparently an 'A24" horror game. Excited to finally play this.
                          They Always Run - Played the demo earlier this year and it fucking ruled. Cyberpunk/sci-fi bounty hunter mutant action game. Playing some now and yup, still super fucking cool and stylish and great action.
                          Chrono Trigger - An all time favorite. haven't played in forever. Will probably play this on the couch via backbone.

Comment

• Lesley got me that Terminator game for PS5. It's kind of legit for a budget style game. It's a Fallout-type FPS with crafting, missions, conversations where your choices matter, etc..

PLUS THAT MUSIC. Legit just hearing that music makes the game more fun. It's on sale for like 25 bucks right now and so long as you know it's not from a AAA game studio, that is totally worth it imo.

Also picked up Civ6 on the xbox for 8 bucks. Still fun,

grinding levels in Persona 5 atm to take down the first boss. I still love this fucking game. Yall who have PS5 and can get it for free totally should check it out. Get past the anime bullshit and there is a pretty great RPG there with a proper fucked up story.

Comment

• I want to play Persona 5 so bad but JRPG's just don't fit into my life anymore. I have been wanting to go back to Tales from Arise so bad.

About to finally start RE Village. Otherwise it was a lot of jumping into FH5 still. I also ordered an 8bit do modern style SNES controller bc I was trying to enjoy my SNES classic but that controller is impossible for me to hold now.

Comment

• Why don't they fit anymore? If you can play 3 hours of Forza you could probably squeeze in an hour of Persona? Especially with the rest mode. It's a life saver.

That Terminator game is a goddamn horror game once the T-800s show up. Last night's gameplay was tense as fuck just running and hiding from those fucking things. Hacking the plasma turrets to take them out was aces though and I scored a plasma gun finally.

About to beat the first boss again in Persona. This time I have a much better feel for the flow of the game so I hope I'm no longer underpowered once I hit the second boss. That was the problem the first time around, I was too weak to have a chance which sucked because I didn't have multiple saves. Now I do and now I know the smart things to do each day prior to the heist. Still a ton of fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X