• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I'm in love with this game.

This is not good for productivity.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• You know, I lost weight much more effectively when I was playing this game. I guess because it kept my heart rate up for hours at a time.

Comment

• My heart raced a little during the Bed of Chaos fight, but mostly due to my not knowing THE FUCKING FLOOR FALLS AWAY.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I was reading a review that states multiplayer is a must in this game but that there is no matchmaking. How does this work?
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Making your way through Dark Souls' death-trap world with half a health bar is hard enough, but the Curse effect stacks – so if you get caught again, you'll be down to a quarter of a health bar. A third time, you'll be down to an eighth. I know one Dark Souls player who lost something like 10 hours trying to make it to a healer when everything in the world could kill him with one hit. There's punishing, and then there's unfair.

One of the mid-game bosses, meanwhile, emits corrosive bile that swiftly degrades your equipment if you get stuck in its flow, potentially leaving you standing naked in front of a hideous dragon with a broken sword. There's no way to repair weapons and armor once they've been completely destroyed, so it's possible to lose all your best gear in this battle. Similarly, there are areas in the mid-section of the game where the main challenge isn't overcoming the skinless poisonous demons that live there, but struggling not to get knocked off narrow, precarious ledges by their attacks.
            This doesn't sound fun.... hahaa
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• You use a humanity to summon people if you need help on a boss. You get a random person. If you are "alive" by using a humanity you can be invaded AT ANY FUCKING TIME. Does it sound horrible? Yes. But it is the most exhilarating thing I've ever experience in gaming. When you totally fucking ambush and fuck up the dude that invaded your world you feel like a god.

Comment

• That said, you can completely avoid multiplayer by not using humanities. Probably recommended until you get your bearings.

Comment

• Wait, so you use a Humanity to get someone to help you but then they can kill you?

Comment

• No no no no, Russ can correct me since it's been a while since I've played, but there are basically summoning circles around the game. You can summon a friendly person to come help you kill a boss or something. BUT you can use humanity to ignite your soul and make you alive, what this does is double your HP and I think give some other stat boosts. When you are "alive" people can invade your game. Big red and black shadowy fucks. It's awesome when you are in an area that they have to run a long way to find you, and you can prepare and see them coming, or set up an ambush. Less fun if you're in the fucking sewers and that ninja flash boom DIE before you see where they were.

Comment

• Shit. Loaded up my save. Black knight immediately fucked my world up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
                        I was reading a review that states multiplayer is a must in this game but that there is no matchmaking. How does this work?
                        You use humanity to initiate PVP, and you can either then invade someone else or they can invade you. The items you use to invade are called "Cracked Red Orbs" and you can further fuck their day up by using "Lloyd's Talisman" to prevent them from being able to heal at their bonfire or recoup flasks.

You can read up on it if you're curious. (Just close the chat window in the bottom left, otherwise you're gonna hear text pops.) And here's the PVP item list and what does what.
                        Last edited by Captain Russ; 03-28-2012, 06:17 PM.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Also, NG+ ain't fuckin' around.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• beat the first big guy. Then got rocked by two skeletons with shields and swords. I need to read some guides. My game didnt' come with a book so I have no idea what the hell half of the shit means. This is how Skyrim should have controlled with melee. Shit is dope.

Comment

• Awwyeah

Fucked up my new guy off the bat, so I'm back to square one with a new DEX build that sounded fun.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Also: that wiki I linked to has a pretty good run down for first timers.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X