Terraria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terraria

Never have I had such a love hate relationship with a game.

MUST GO DEEPER. OH SHIT RED SLIME. OH SHIT DEAD. OH SHIT NO TORCHES.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

lol So I need to download this and have another game I don't have time for? FIIIIIIIIIIIIINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Comment

Hours played for following most played games:

Borderlands (Purchased 07/04/10): 63 hours
      Torchlight (Purchased 12/19/09): 69 hours

And Terraria (Purchased 05/16/11): 54 hours

AND I CAN'T STOP PLAYING. GAH. NEED TO COLLECT ALL THE GEAR. *mineminemine* *killkillkill*
      Last edited by nerdious dorkus; 05-27-2011, 06:13 AM.
      The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Y WON'T THIS FUCKING GAME WORK FOR ME DAMN U STEAM FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Update for Josh, he got the game working. It was due to an issue with the .net platform. If any of you have issues were the game won't start, it's because there's a known issue with .net. Just download the latest one, run the program as repair, and reboot.

I started a new character to play with Josh and created a server. It was fun playing with another person, even though I didn't have my awesome gear.

Comment

MUST GET MOAR MATERIALSS!!!!! NAO!!!!!!
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Also, I HAVE FUCKING ROCKET BOOTS ON MY MAIN. YES, ROCKET BOOTS.

Comment

Time to go mine hellstone, I guess.

Comment

Rob, are you still creating a server? And is it a paid server or are you just going to keep your computer on for the game?

Comment

not sure. Depends on how many of you fucks get it.

Right now been playing single player and digging it. I finally made a helmet and sword and am currently digging as low as I can possibly go.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

If I don't go to the comic con tomorrow I will probably buy this and play for 10 hours.

Comment

At first I was like *Jakesadface* when I "finished" the game and by finished, I mean I beat all the bosses, got all the NPCs, and acquired all the highest-tiered items (only took 61 hours). But then I read this and we so excited. We so excited. Looking forward to the weekend... I mean update!

In the long term, we will not just be adding content, but new mechanics as well. Some of the ideas the we have been playing around with are:
                        • Pure PvP servers with team based objectives. Worlds will be generated before every match. Imagine a CTF server where towers are automatically created on either side of the map. Players can fight it out on the surface, or try to tunnel into the other tower.

• Adding sloped/inclined tiles to make the world smoother.

• New harder world types to continue game progression (Ex: Alien plants, alternate dimensions, evil worlds, etc.)

• Enemy factions that will move into your world, and build their own city. You can slaughter them while they are weak, or let them build up their strength to get better rewards.

• More events: Volcanoes, earthquakes, more/improved invasions, etc..

• Weather: Seasons, snow, floods, etc..

• Farming, and stamina system that gives a bonus to player stats.

• Mechanics for making traps and devices.

Comment

By the way, we can share maps. Just in case you guys didn't know.
                          Last edited by nerdious dorkus; 05-29-2011, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Downloading now. Got any "get started" links?

Comment

Check out the dev's LP: part 1, part 2, part 22, and part 23. Also, the official Terraria forums and the wiki page. You COULD go through all of the LPs but there's 23 of them at 5-6 minutes each...

Comment

Working...
                              X