The Nintendo 3DS thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe it ends on the 11th
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu guess not getting one then

Comment

If you snag it tomorrow you should be fine.

Officially, the Nintendo 3DS drop is to occur on August 12, reducing the current $250 asking price by thirty percent. Nintendo still has its early adopter bonus going until August 11, meaning if you grab one of these reduced 3DS units, you're still good to get the 20 free downloadable games once you register.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

This week Toys R Us is running a deal where ANY 3DS game is only $10 with purchase of the system. Ocarina of Time is great, obviously, but what else is good. Is the Pac-Man/Galaga cart crazy and awesome in 3-D?

Comment

Haven't tried that one. Ghost Recon game is pretty fun if you like tactical squad games. Pilotwings was a fun diversion as well.

Comment

GODDAMMIT 3DS

The only downside to this otherwise masterful remake lies in the half-baked multiplayer mode. Sure, battling your way through four different levels in an arena-styled fight with up to four players delivers some quality fun. But unless you're fighting against the computer, it's limited to only Download Play. It's great that you only need one cartridge for four people to play together, but the absence of online play against your friends, or strangers, feels like a big miss. Still, the heart of Star Fox 64 multiplayer has always been rooted in local play, so while it's a disappointing omission, it's not the biggest deal in the world.

Comment

Haha, we were so naive to think Nintendo would actually do something right re: online play. Guess I'll wait until Professor Layton.

Comment

I'm so totally bumming right now.

Comment

They did this just to prevent me from rubbing my dick on the screen every time Rob did a barrel roll.

Comment

Oh 3DS nub/case/second pad thing with additional shoulder buttons, you are so ugly.

Comment

I still don't get how that second nub will even work.

Comment

so Super Mario 3D is pretty fucking great. Like, really great.

Comment

Once the 3DS redesign comes out I'm snagging it for this.

Comment

It's so worth it. I haven't had this much fun with a Mario game in ages.

Comment

Almost beat Mario. Easily in my top 5 games of this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X