• Show
Clear All

How many hours ya logged?

12?

Pretty short for an RPG...
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

12 so far.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

With it's linear style I suppose that would make sense, but with any self-respecting JRPG, there's gotta be mini-games/sidequests, right?

RIGHT?
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

I'm not even half way done yet. So far no minigames or sidequests. Only on chapter 7
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Oh, thought you meant 7 of 8.

I was almost disappoint.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Trading in Heavy Rain for another game. Would this be an okay choice for someone who doesn't play JRPGs ever and has never played FF? I'm open to giving it a shot, something different, I suppose. It's either this game or go with MAG, even though I already play too many FPS games.
              "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

If you have a backwards compatible PS3 get Persona 3 or 4, PLEASE.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  If you have a backwards compatible PS3 get Persona 3 or 4, PLEASE.
                  I do, and i still have my PS2. Anime and JRPGs really fucking bore me. Only JRPG I've played and enjoyed somewhat was Jeanne d'Arc on the PSP, but I skipped all the cutscenes and bullshit. I had to go back and fucking grind to beat the last level, which I hated.

I have gamefly, I'll add those to the queue. I hope they don't take 100 hours to finish.
                  "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Actually, yes, yes they do. And if JRPGs bore you, stay the hell away from FF13. Grab Just Cause 2!

Comment

Yeah, fucking Rob sold me on Just Cause 2 with that damn Lost easter egg video. I just want to do that in the game. Maybe I will trade for that instead.

I should just go Platinum Bad Company 2 and God of War III already.

Comment

becareful with Just Cause 2 on PS3. Alex from CHUD had a glitch that made his game unplayable.

Comment

Goddammit. I don't know what it is, but I love this stupid fuckign game. I have absolutely no idea what is going on story wise, I'm running down corridors non stop (almost done with the 15 hour tutorial haha) but something keeps sucking me back in.

Comment

15 hours? I read that a tutorial popped up in hour 24. You're not in the clear yet!

Comment

Well yeah, I believe I'm on chapter 9-10 and ch 13 is when the tutorial is over I guess. But I honestly have no problems with this game, minus some stupid story issues. Mainly the fact that I'm confused as shit. But I kind of like how they force you to use certain characters so you can learn all of the intricacies of the battle system. And thank god you don't have to select what you want the other team members to do. That would be fucking ridiculous in this system.

Comment

I've yet to see anything that really compels me to check it out, which is a shame because I've been kind of itching for a fun JRPG. I just want one with some kind of evolved gameplay. I would murder for a new Grandia, but maybe I need to just play Eternal Sonata finally.

I will say this, the PS3 CG is incredible.

Comment

Working...
                                X